chapter 50

"Why would the wards be falling?" whispered Ash to, Harry.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno, but if I had to guess, I would say it was because they were built on the bond between Aro, Marcus, and Caius, and now that Aro and Marcus are fighting, that bond is breaking."

"Then that's a good thing, right?" asked Ash. Ash was trying to keep himself between Harry and Jane who was still glaring at them.

"Very. If the wards fall, then my family can get in here. You will also be able to use your gift." explained Harry.

"That is good." mumbled Ash, keeping an eye on not only Jane, but also her brother Alec.

Harry jumped when there was a loud crash. Peeking around Ash's shoulder, he was shocked when he saw Aro on the ground shaking his head. Marcus was standing over him looking ready to commit murder.

"Maybe we should try sneaking out while they're busy." whispered Ash. He was whispering out of habit, he knew all the other vampires could hear him.

Harry placed his hand on Ash's back and nodded his head. Silently he prayed that today would be the day that he got to see his mates again. He was concerned for Marcus, but he knew that if his family got into the castle, then they would help him. He also prayed that by the time he left here, Aro would be in many different pieces and burning.

"I don't think so." sneered Jane. "Aro may be busy dealing with Marcus, but he gave me permission to try my gift out on you and that unnatural little brat you're carrying."

"You touch me or my baby, and you will be burning along with Aro before the day is over." snarled Harry.

Jane threw her head back and laughed. "And what is a weak little whore like yourself going to do about it?"

Harry grabbed a hold of Ash's hand hoping that his extra energy would help sustain him while he fought Jane. He knew he wasn't going to get away from her without some sort of confrontation.

Ash squeezed Harry's hand trying to reassure the small boy. He knew that Harry was very powerful, but he couldn't use too much magic without risking killing the baby. He prayed that the wards would fall soon.

"Pain" whispered Jane.

Harry was expecting to feel excruciating pain, but was shocked when it was Ash who fell to the ground screaming.

"Just getting your little lap dog out of the way?" laughed Jane.

Harry couldn't take Ash's screams any longer, and with a wave of his hand, he sent Jane flying across the room and into the far wall. He could already feel a significant drain on his magic with just that one spell. Little things like, changing hair color and small pranks hardly effected his magic. Just as Harry bent down to help Ash up, large arms wrapped around him from behind, and lifted him high up into the air.

"If your nice, cutie, I will protect you from, Jane." growled Felix, licking Harry's ear.

Harry tried to break free, but he was no match for the large vampire. With a yell, Harry brought out his wings, slapping the vampire in the face with them. Confused, Felix dropped Harry hard on the ground.