chapter 8

Carlisle entered the house with Harry still safely in his arms. Finally, for the first time since Albus entered his office earlier that day, he felt like he could breath freely. He was home now and surrounded by his family. He knew that there was still a huge emotional mountain to climb, but with the help of his family, they could conquer it. He would do whatever was needed to see the light return to his youngest's eyes.

"I must say, this place is pretty damn sweet," Draco said impressively. "I didn't know that vampires lived in such nice places." The house truly was stunning. It sat in the middle of the woods with no pesky, nosey neighbors for miles to bother them. They could relax and just be themselves here.

The house was three stories high with floor to ceiling windows and a wrap around porch. Everything was very open and bright inside with wood flooring throughout and a fancy spiral staircase that led up to the other two floors. There was a massive flat screen tv in the room they were currently in, surrounded by comfortable looking leather chairs and couches. It was obvious that a lot of time and money had went into decorating the house.

"Yeah well, we have coffins in the basement for guests," Emmett chuckled deeply, coming in from behind them carrying the two large bags that his father had wanted.

"Why is that portrait empty?" Draco asked pointing to the flat screen tv. "Are you still painting it?"

"Dude, you're joking right?" Emmett barked loudly. When the blond just stared at him, Emmett shook his head. "It's a tv, dude. You know, you can watch tv shows and movies on it. You can even play video games. Don't tell me that you have never watched a movie before?"

"Obviously not," Draco sniffed arrogantly. "I am a pureblood wizard and was raised as such. I have never socialized with muggles before."

"Carlisle!" Esme called softly from the second story balcony. "Who do you have with you?" She asked, wiping paint off of her hands with her apron. It wasn't like her mate to come home with guests and not call to warn her first.

Halfway down the steps she froze, hand going to cover her mouth. "Harry," she whispered brokenly, taking in the scent of her little boy. It was a scent that she had feared she would never get to smell again. Quick as lightning she was down the steps and in front of her mate.

Reaching out with a trembling hand, she gently touched her beautiful boy's cheek. "Carlisle, what happened to my baby? Why isn't he waking?" With a sob, she yanked her hand back in fear of hurting Harry even more. He looked so small and sickly in her mate's arms. What happened to him?

"Esme love, everything is going to be ok, I promise. I will explain everything when Edward gets here. Right now I need to get Harry in a guest room so I can check him over. I need to make sure that the portkey didn't cause anymore damage."

Carlisle looked past his beautiful mate to see his girls staring at him with different emotions flickering across their faces. Right now he didn't have time to deal with them and for explanations, right now Harry was his number one priority.

Taking the steps two at a time, he took his son to one of the spare bedrooms on the second floor. He wasn't surprised when he heard everyone following him. This bedroom he figured would be best for Harry, it was the largest and was very open and bright. Harry never liked small spaces, not after spending five years of his life locked away in a small cupboard.