31. mar 20, 16:12

pocketing his phone, jungkook let out a deep breath he didn't know he was holding and glanced at the bouquet in his hands.

the smeraldo flowers shone with a peculiar hue in his hands, almost holographic in a sense. the blue, purple, and white intermingled gently, creating a captivating display of colors.

jungkook always found himself fascinated by them. not very many knew about the unique plant. hell, he didn't even know of their existence until taehyung told him about them.

the legend of the smeraldo flowers was a tragic one, but it pulled at his heartstrings; he adored listening to taehyung retell the story time and time again, his eyes sparkling like the star-polluted night sky.

la cittá di smeraldo.

the story took place in a small town in italy in the 1500s-1600s. it was about an ugly man who lived in an old castle alone because he received a lot of hate and cruelty growing up due to his grotesque looks. as a result, he never opened up his heart to anyone.

his happiness was the flowers residing in his garden.

one day a woman appeared near the man's castle. she jumped over the garden fence and stole a flower. this angered the man at first, so he kept watch over his garden all night. but soon he fell asleep, and the woman came and stole another flower. this continued for several nights; the man pretended to fall asleep and watched the woman steal a flower.

he was curious. he began waiting for her. without realizing, he began to look forward to her visits, the next day seemingly a bit brighter than the one before.

following after her one day, he realized that she was selling the flowers in order to make a living. the man desperately wanted to help the woman, but he was terrified she'd reject him because of his looks.

he came to the conclusion that the only way he'd be able to help her was to let her continue stealing from his garden. the man decided to make a flower that didn't exist on the planet so that the woman could sell it for an expensive price. he began to make the flower in his castle.

after many unsuccessful attempts, the man finally made a flower that didn't exist and filled his garden.

but the woman stopped coming.

no matter how long he waited, the woman never came back to his garden.

days, weeks, and months flew by.

he eventually discovered that the woman who had stolen his flowers, as well as his own heart, had died.

jungkook smiled softly, thinking about the bittersweet story. in a way, taehyung was like the woman, stealing jungkook's heart, only to disappear.

looking up with his glossy eyes, he attempted to collect himself, building up his courage for the upcoming hurdle he was about to face.

it had been about thirty minutes already. he'd wasted half an hour, knowing his hyungs would be coming soon.

finally gaining some strength, his thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. knowing it was probably one of his hyungs checking up on him, he quickly pulled it out and took a glance at the screen.