Chapter 31.

The Devil's Crush
Chapter 31.
Copywrited.
No part shall be replaced or copied.

I saw a shadow of a figure. I could hear heavy sobs. Following the sounds, I was lead to a dimly lit room. A gasp escaped my mouth. "You?" I could barely whisper. The figure turned around. A short girl with beautiful red hair reaching just below her shoulders.

AubreyWaters.

I didn't believe my eyes. Aubrey looked alarmed; her face was horror stricken. Her eyes were bloodshot and tears sprang out of them. There was a phone in her hand which dropped when she realized that I was here.

"You!" She spoke accusingly. Her voice held a new found disgust for me.

In a second the rage inside me melted into something else. Hurt. It was physically painful. Aubrey Waters, my best friend, the girl who supported me in every situation was hating on me. Tears filled my eyes and I didn't even control them.

"So you're crying now?" Rang a cold voice. Aubrey was filled with hatred against me and her voice made it visible. "Why?" I choked. My sight was blurry and my fingers made effort to wipe away all the tears that were flowing down. The silent space was suddenly filled with cold laughter.

"Because of you!" She said. Her voice was silent and calm. Like the calm before a storm. Me? "Your mother slept with my dad! My family crumbled because of you!" She screamed. The pain in my chest increased. Jillian broke her family? I didn't even realize of the problems that Aubrey was going through. She hid it well. Or I was too blind.

"Why... didn't you tell me?"

Another cold, humorless laughter filled the air. "Tell you?" My best friend mocked. First you take away the love of my life, then your mother breaks my family and you want me to tell you? Open your eyes bitch! Everything around you is so obvious! You're just too blind to see them!" I in took a sharp breath. Love of her life?

"Love? You love..." I trailed off, not being able to speak anymore. Was she talking about... Landon?

The pain in my chest increased at the thought of Aubrey being in love with Landon. I felt a sudden constriction in breathing. Breathe in, breathe out, I told myself. My palms were sweaty, mixed with blood. All of a sudden, I needed water. My legs were going weak and I could fall down any moment now.

"I am in love..." Aubrey stated. I leaned against the dirty wall behind me waiting for the final blow. "With Brooke."

My eyes which were shut close flew open and my neck snapped into Aubrey's direction. It was a wonder I didn't break it. Aubrey stood there, sobbing. She looked up, as if praying to God. "Brooke and I weren't actually friends. We talked only because of you. She was always your best friend, not mine. At first I thought it was me. I really tried her to get her to like me. But..."

Aubrey was vulnerable. That was a term that I would never use for her but the given circumstances were different. She sunk into the ground. Tears never stopped coming out of her eyes. I wanted to hug her and comfort her. But now was not the right time.

"Then came your mom, Jillian and I realized that it wasn't my fault. It was yours. It was in your blood, to take away other's love." I winced, her words cutting me like knives. "I decided to destroy you the moment I saw my mom crying because of you. I am still going to destroy you, Eleven Raymonds."

"You are so naïve, Eleven." Aubrey used my name to mock me. It was as if my name was an insult. "I pushed you towards Landon. And you did just as I wanted. That Butter- slut- cup was written by me. Because that is what you are."