Chapter 11.

THE DEVIL'S CRUSH
CHAPTER 11
Copyrighted.
No part shall be replaced to copied.

"I think you should go." Aubrey said for the fourth time. "No, you should not go." Brooke said for the fourth time. I groaned. Rubbing my temples, I glanced at my surrounding, for the fourth time.

The navy blue curtains that let in the right amount of sunlight, the white walls covered with splashes of dark paint. Brooke loved to paint but had a rivalry with happy colors. Even her clothes were either black or some other dark shade. It had all happened because of his father being away for so much of time.

Brooke's father had been her light, even though I had only met him a few times. He was the kind of men with bright smile and happiness in eyes. Brooke was exactly like him but only when he was around.

"Why shouldn't she go to the date?" Aubrey argued and I snapped back in time. "Oh, you know exactly why, stop being a bitch Aubrey!" Brooke spat making Aubrey's eyes widen. Aubrey has always been sensitive to cussing as if she shares some dark past with it. You never swear in front of her and especially not on her.

Aubrey stomped out of Brooke's room. We were all sitting and gossiping in Brooke's room when my date's topic came up. "Aubrey, wait!" I called out. Letting out an exhausted sigh directed towards Brooke, I followed Aubrey.

"Aubrey wait!" I called out and this time, she stopped walking, just outside Brooke's house, in her garden. As I caught up to her, I realized that she was crying?

"Aubrey, sweetheart, please don't cry." I tried to console. "I'm not crying for myself, Eleven." She squeaked in a shaky voice. My eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked her. Aubrey stopped crying and sighed. "You're so gullible, Eleven."

I was beyond confused now. It saddened me that how Landon and Ryan's entry to my life brought me so many problems with my two girl best-friends. Earlier, we used to gossip during lunch breaks as Ryder would sit at the jock's table, meet up and do homework together and go shopping all the time. Life was fun back then.

"I think Brooke likes Ryan too." Aubrey spoke.

Time stopped; I breathed in sharply. "W-what do you mean?" I asked, trying to find it hard to speak. "That's the reason why Brooke doesn't want you to go to the date."

The time stopped. I breathed sharply. "W-What do you mean by that?" I asked, finding it difficult to speak. "This is the reason Brooke doesn't want you to go to the date. She wants Ryan." Aubrey explained. Let's just say, nothing will be same now.

"What did she say?"  Asked Brooke once I came back to her room. I passed a weak smile, shaking my head. "She's just upset." I said and Brooke nodded.

"Anyways, are you still going on the date?" Brooke asked. Suddenly, I lost control and I spat, "yes! Why shouldn't I?" Brooke was taken aback by my sudden harshness. "Okay. Then, I'll be there at the party too." She said looking down.

"Do you think, Landon will be okay about your date?" She asked before I could react to her previous declaration. But now, I was distracted. My brows creased. "What do you mean?" Brooke sighed and shook he head.

"My dear naïve best friend."

* * *

"Buttercup."

"Ellie."

"Ellie!" This time Landon yelled in my ear which made me yelp and jump. He grinned ear to ear as if had just accomplished a mission and was now receiving a candy.

Here I was, ignoring him since half an hour hoping that he would that he would go away but here he was, stuck like a leech. My mom and Lucia's laughter could be heard downstairs. Nowadays, they would spend the evening together and Landon happened to accompany her.

"I know I am smokin' hot but stop eye raping me, Ellie." Landon said covering his chest area with his hands, an arrogant smirk on his face. I blushed hard and looked away. Landon's laughter rang through the air.

"Buttercup?" Asked Landon turning serious, suddenly his voice held so much of determination that it was hard not to look at him. "I'm not a bad guy, bad boy but not a bad guy." He said once our eyes met. The honest look in his eyes made me belief in him.

But then there was Ryan.

"Then what was Ryan saying?" I asked.

His expressions changed, from determination to angst, irritation, sadness, but most was the anger. "Not everything Ryan says is true." He yelled and I flinched. Still, I didn't believe that Ryan could be wrong, there has to be some misunderstanding. "But Ryan..."

"Damn it Eleven! He's not the perfect guy!" He yelled and banged his fist on the wall making the room shake. My eyes widened in fear and I winced. I took baby steps backwards trying to create maximum distance between Landon and me.

Landon had realized what he had done. Without uttering a word, he left my questions unanswered and mind in fear.

* * *

It was a little late than midnight. I was completing my homework. Suddenly I head a tap on my window. Looking in its way and found the twinkling sky. Pushing open the window, I let the cool breeze in and peered to see what or who it was.

I saw a silhouette of a tall, muscular a person standing in my garden. "Ellie!" The person called out and I realized that it was Landon. "Buttercup! Please come down here!" He yelled and my eyes widened. "Shh...!" I said, my hair flailing wildly around my face.

"Come down! Come down or I'll keep shouting!" He yelled. "Landon! I'm coming, stop shouting!" I whisper- yelled back. Shutting my window close, I crept downstairs. It felt like a blessing that both my parents were heavy sleepers.

When I stepped out, I found Landon with a smug smirk pasted on his face which I wanted to wipe out with a punch.

"What?!" I asked, irritated.

Landon took my hand, kept his fist on my open palm and whispered.

"Sorry."

———————————————
***