Chapter 27.

The Devil's Crush
Chapter 27.
Copywrited.
No part shall be replaced or copied

As soon as the new voice joined our party, Landon turned rigid and he clenched his jaw turning around to face the guy with the scratchy voice.

Landon blocked me completely from his sight. I, too, hid behind Landon, clutching his T- shirt in my hand. Landon did not like this guy, I could tell. I ducked behind Landon.

"Junior Cooper." Landon said, his voice as cool as ice, void of any emotions.

'Junior Cooper' whistled. "Who are you hiding behind your back?" I felt disgusted of his voice. I imagined him to be short, fat guy who would sit, rubbing his belly. And he would smell bad, like rotten fishes.

"No one important." Landon answered. "Just a booty call." Even though I knew Landon was lying just in order to protect me, it stung. It hurt how Landon said the words smoothly, without any hesitation. I wanted him to hesitate.

"Oh come on Prince Eleven-" I despised the way he said my name "- show her to me. Maybe we can share." I felt like puking. I pressed into Landon for safety. I could feel him shaking.

"I would much rather keep her to myself." Landon spat back, fury radiating from his voice. "Oh come on!" Junior Cooper whined making me cringe.

"Listen Cooper, if you don't get the fuck away, I'll stop fighting for you." Landon shot and apparently this dialogue carried a lot of gravity. "Killjoy!" Junior Cooper muttered. By this time, I was taking dee breaths. I was running out of air. I heard retreating footsteps.

Few minutes later, Landon turned I could feel him shaking. His lips were quivering and his eyes were dark and stormy, burning with hatred and fury. Then he circled his arms around me.

Landon was hugging me and I was hugging him back. Landon's chin rested on my head and I buried my head in his chest. An instant comfort and a sense of calmness ran through me. I could feel Landon's breaths normalizing. "Let's go home." He mumbled, taking my hand.

We walked and let the cool breeze cool our minds. Landon was gripping my hand tightly and he had formed a shield of protection around me. Our footsteps were slow but synced and O was pressed against Landon.

"Ellie, what's mine is mine." Landon said all of a sudden, catching me off- guard. "What?!" I asked, confusion swirling in my mind. "I don't like to share, especially not you." He explained.

My heart was going to burst out of my chest as my cheeks began to boil. Then, I felt a warm sensation in my forehead as Landon pressed his lips to my skin. I smile broke out on my face.

As if on cue, to break the moment, my phone pinged.

Abby: Where are you?

***

The alarm rang and I groaned. Rubbing my eyes, I stood up and stretched my arms. I yawned and scratched my head and pulled the ajar door open.

A loud squeal escaped my mouth as I felt a cold, gooey substance run down my shoulders and spine. Goosebumps erupted on my skin and I sneezed. I heard a boom of contagious laughter as I rubbed my eyes clean. I found myself giggling too. I glared at Landon who was laughing and wiping away his tears. A growl escaped my mouth.

"Landon!" I screamed, sprinting towards him. His eyes widened but before he could escape, I lunged at him. I threw my one arm around him and ran the other through his glossy hair. They turned gooey.

Another laughter broke my impulse and I turned my head. I found a very amused Ryder filming me and Landon. I lunged at him too but a pair of strong arms pulled me back. "Not so soon, Ellie." Said Landon. I screamed as I was raised into the air.