Chapter 22

The Devil's Crush
Chapter 22.
Copywrited.
No part shall be replaced or copied

At first, Landon did not realize what I was doing and neither did I. It was all in adrenaline. At first, my eyes were wide open due to the shock as my lips moved against Landon's who stood frozen.

Suddenly, Landon reacted. Suddenly, our lips were moving in sync, mounding each other. Suddenly, my eyes fluttered close. Suddenly, Landon's hands were around my waist and my head pulling me closer. Suddenly, my arms were around Landon's neck.

Landon's kiss has hunger. It was rough, yet feeling soft against my lips. I gasped for breath as he slid his tongue in. Landon began exploring. Landon taking in. He was overwhelmed, he was angry, he was happy, he was surprised.

He was everything.

I pulled away, panting for breath. My lips flickered down to his eyes. His eyes captured me. He had curtained all his emotions. Again.

Things that happened in past minutes filled my mind and I blazed red. My memories reeled more back and I remembered why I was here in the first place.

With all my force, I pushed Landon away. In the dark light, hurt flashed his eyes but once again, he hid it. "Why?" I brought myself to speak. My voice quivering in anger and sadness.

Confusion spilled on Landon's face. "Why did you write that on my locker." It wasn't a question, it was statement.

"I did not do anything." Landon said making me flinch at his lie. "You're the one who calls me Buttercup." I reasoned. Somewhere, I did not want this to be true. Landon glanced at me. For a fraction of second, there was hurt in his eyes but once again, he masked his emotions.

He had forgotten he is claustrophobic.

"Ellie, did it ever occur to you that I've been set up? Clearly someone doesn't want us to be..." he gulped, "... friends."

Before I could reply, light peered I  and the sound of a creek filled the air. The door had been pulled open.

It was the janitor, Billy. He grunted. "Come out kids." He said jerking me out. "Don't touch her!" Landon barked and in an instant Billy let me go. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Uhh... Raymonds?" Billy called as we started walking. I stopped and looked back at him and so did Landon. He cast a glare on Billy. "Uhh... I cleaned your locker." He murmured awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thank you!" I said, surprised at what he had said. Landon's glare softened but remained a glare. "Yeah, whatever, let's go." He snapped at me. With confusion laced on my face, I let Landon push me forward as he staggered behind me.

The hallway had a couple of students lingering around, the rest, scattered around the school, having their food. My stomach grumbled at the thought of food.

Landon seemed to notice my hungry state. "Let's go to the cafeteria." He murmured from behind me.

As we stepped in, the cafeteria fell silent. Within a few seconds, it blasted with whispers and I knew what they were talking about. Butter- slut- cup. I flinched at stepped back, not ready to face the judgements. Tears pooled in my eyes. I stepped back and back.

Until; I felt a grasp on my shoulders. Strong and gentle. I looked back to see Landon's eyes. His eyes were void of any judgement. They were just... caring. Landon was letting me in. Again.

"No Ellie. I won't let you back off. You are going to stay strong. You are going to face them."

His grip on me tightened and something inside me... bloomed. There were sparks in my stomach as if fireworks were going on I was suddenly filled with strength. I closed my eyes and nodded my head. I can do this.

***

"Oh my god! I can't believe I missed all the drama!" Whined Brooke. I rolled my eyes. She received her call the second I stepped into my house.

"Don't worry. We're meeting at Eleven's in a couple of hours. I'll tell you everything then, in detail." Aubrey replied. We were on a conference call.

We were all meeting at my place- Brooke, Aubrey, Ryder and I. Obviously. Ryder insisted that we need to figure out who had scandalized my locker. Honestly, I did not care at all. It wasn't Landon. He had changed and for good. No one could change this truth for me now.

"When I find who has done this, I'm going to make sure that person regrets it." Ryder gritted his teeth. We were all slumped on my couch and they were an hour late than the actual time. I didn't have any problem with that though, I had completed two days worth homework.

"Why can't we just let it go?" I requested, sighing.

"Yup! Let's watch Guardians of Galaxy!" Pitched in Aubrey.

***

The doorbell rang and we paused the movie for me to get the door.

"Hey!"

He had a devilish grin stuck on his face but his eyes were still serious. It was weird how his eyes and lips held contradictory emotions at the same time.

"Can I come in Eleven?" Harry questioned, walking past me. He left me confused- why's he here? Anyways, I closed the door behind me and followed him. Harry was absorbed in his phone. He stopped in front of the den as if map of house was embedded in his mind.

"Sup man?" He greeted Ryder without looking up from his phone. He walked inside halting in front of the TV, blocking Brooke, Ryder and Aubrey's view.

"Get away!" Whined Brooke. Harry looked up from his phone and winked at Brooke. "Wait a second, babe." Brooke's nose scrunched in disgust and she cast a horrified look. She glared at him but didn't reply to him.

"Where's Landon?" Asked Ryder to Harry. Finally, Harry peeled his eyes from his phone and grimaced at Ryder. "Big Dean." He said as if the two words explained everything.

"Should we go and help him?" Ryder asked forgetting the existence of us three girls. Harry nodded and then, just like that the two of them were out of my house.

———————————————
***

Hey birdies!! My little kids kissed and almost made out!!! To be honest, I love them!!! Do you like Eleven and Landon??

How was the read today? Thoughts about Harry? And Billy the janitor? Who do you think Big Dean is? Is he good or bad? Leave comments and let me know!

And please please please vote for me. Turn that white star orange and show you reader magic! Thank you, i love you.

Bye until next time.