Chapter 13

A/N Sorry I haven't been updating at all lately, school has started up and I have a lot on my plate right now. Of you are still reading this thank you(: I love you all so much, please comment and let me know what you think<3 xx

1 WEEK LATER

I came home from school in a hurry because it was Friday night which was date night for everyone. The boys would take us out and then we would all come back to my house for a movie and everyone slept over since there was so much extra room.

Tonight was a special date night though; tonight it would be me and Liam’s six months. I knew that tonight was going to be really fun and I wanted to make sure I looked my best.

Once I reached the front door I leaned into it hard expecting it to put up a fight. It was already cracked open though, I shrugged it off thinking that I just didn’t pull it shut tight enough this morning.

I dropped my bag by the table at the door and started to run upstairs. I had had gym that morning and really didn’t want to go out on a date like that so I decided a shower was an order.

As soon as I reached the top of my stairs I knew something was wrong straight away. There were clothes thrown everywhere out in the hallway. I slowly walked to my bedroom door and stopped at the doorway.

In my room stood Jackson, he was opening my desk drawers and going through them and then slamming them shut. He repeated that with every drawer. I just waited in my doorway unsure of what to say.

Suddenly Jackson looked up at me. He walked straight towards me and got very close to my face. His eyes were blood shot and his breath smelt like alcohol.

“Where is the money?” he said, his words slurred.

I didn’t know what he was talking about. Before mom and dad had left they gave him a bank account filled with money, more than enough to last the time they were going to be gone. They had left me with nothing. I had been buying everything I needed with the money I earned at my job and our grandparents had been paying the utility bills for me.

“Jackson, what money are you talking about?” I asked slowly and carefully.

My brother had always been physical to me but whenever he drank he had always become more violent. I didn’t want to make it any worse by running my mouth to him.

“Bitch, you know what money I’m talking about. All the money mom and dad left for me. You took it!” he said, raising his hand and slapping me hard across the face.

I took a step back afraid that more was coming.

I was right. As I stepped back, he stepped forward.

This time he came at me with his hand in fist. I staggered backwards, trying to get away from him. I tripped over a pile a clothes and fell smacking the back of my head against the wall.

There was an immediate pounding in my head and I could feel the warm, wet blood dripping from my head. My vision kept going blurry. I could see Jackson coming at me.

I knew I had to move. I had to try to get away from him. I kept trying to move but I couldn’t get my body to cooperate with me. I was trying desperately to pick myself up off the ground.

All of a sudden I felt something hit me hard on the side and I heard a crack.

            “Jackson please…” I whimpered as he yanked me up and held me by the arm a few inches off the ground.

“Please, what? You ruin everything so I’m going to ruin you. You killed our brother, so maybe I should just kill you too. But you’d probably like that, wouldn’t you?” he screamed.

My whole body was throbbing and I was focused on not crying out in pain so we stayed in silence for a few seconds.

“Yeah, I read you stupid little journal. I know how you want to die and how you hate yourself. Well guess what?! Everyone hates you too! Your friends are pitying you. No one really likes you. They’re just too scared to say anything different. You are a worthless fat whore. Nobody wants you, you can’t do anything right! Why don’t you just run away and not come back or better yet get hit by a bus. Maybe even swallowing a bottle of pills would get the job done; you could even just cut your wrists harder. Anything that will guarantee that no one will have to see you ever again” He growled throwing me to the floor and I sat shaking.

            He had barely been coming home anymore but whenever he had come back he got violent and I had quite a few bruises and scrapes to prove it.

            I hadn’t told anyone about this of course since I was terrified other people would find out and I would be required to leave this house by myself and Jackson would end up in jail leaving my parents to hate me even more than they already did.

            Jackson came really close to my face and whispered through gritted teeth, “Next time I come back here I don’t want to see you breathing you stupid bitch, understand me?

            He smacked me across the face and I reached up to feel blood trickling from my nose. I tried to move out of the hallway and into my room so the carpet wouldn’t get stained anymore than it already did from my head. I began to crawl a little and received a kick in the stomach before he began walking down the stairs laughing.

            I heard something get knocked over and then I heard the front door slam shut.

            I couldn’t move so I just laid on the floor crying a little and praying it would all be over soon. I wanted to die. I knew then that I wanted to die. I didn’t care when or where. I wanted to die soon. I didn’t care if I had to do it myself either.

             I laid there for about forty-five minutes. As soon as it was clear I wasn’t going to die from this I got up and got into the shower and washed everything. Once I got out I pulled on some sweats.

            I sat down on my bed with my laptop when I heard ringing and it took me a few seconds to realize it was the phone. When I picked it up I just grunted, not wanting to find the words to speak.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong, Lina?”

It was Liam on the phone, sounding worried. I had forgotten to check the caller ID.

“No. Is Niall downstairs?”

I did not want Liam seeing me like this.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?! Yeah we all are, we’re outside your house. The door is locked though…” he voice trailed off, obviously worried.

“The key is under the mat. Please just send Niall up when you all get in.”

I hung up and broke down sobbing.