Chapter Twenty

@%!#$

And then there was one...

The thief who's so intent on covering her own ass. You do have a lot to offer Lena. Not to mention, you hate Ms.Davis just as much as we do. How great would it be to see Yara, and her stuck up little family, fall down to your feet, begging for mercy? Wouldn't you love that? To turn the tables? To make them sweat right before you corrupt their precious, perfect world?

Maybe your mother would stop guzzling down the booze if she saw what you were really capable of...

Lena kept her eyes fixated on the email for a long while. They'd sent it to her this morning, as she was walking to school. Now here she was sitting at a random desk in Saturday detention. She was the first one there, even the teacher hadn't arrived yet. One of the many perks of living in the back of your truck.

With her hood over her crispy hair, she tapped her pointer finger on the desk as she held her phone in her other hand. A thought continued to ponder in her mind.

It wasn't like she was responding to help her. Yara was a lying little bitch who Lena would love to gut with a hook. But she was curious. Plus she was bored.

She pressed reply on her email and began typing with her thumbs.

Lena
If I'm so famous for covering my own ass, then why trust me? What makes you think I won't turn on you?

She sent it without any regret, then placed her phone screen down on the desk. She laid her head in her palms when almost instantly her phone vibrated. She turned it back on and there was a notification from her email.

@%!#$
Because a little bitch told me, that you made a deal with a Davis. And, based on the circumstances, it seems like the deal's off.

I can get you your money. Money that people would kill for. To leave this town, and never look back.

All you have to do, is give us everything you've found with the others.

Tingles went up Lena's spine. She did need that money. It would be exactly what she needed to get out of this hellhole. It wasn't like there was anything keeping her here.

Taking a few minutes to think about it, she started typing out another email. But ultimately feeling reluctant about it, she backspaced and typed a new message.

Lena
And how do you know if we've even collected any evidence at all?

Once again, another email popped up immediately.

@%!#$

You're forgetting that I can see everything you do. What were you really going to say?

That put Lena in a rough spot. If she said the wrong thing, they'd most definitely know she was lying. This was obviously a yes or no question.

She put down her phone, this time screen up, planting her head in her hands, wondering what to say. Then a familiar smell hit her nose. One that she couldn't resist. She did try to at first. She ignored it and proceeded to stare at the message, contemplating each option.

Bam!

A latte cup hit the edge of the desk, making her jump. She looked at it, then up at the hands that held it.

There was Blake, perfectly structured hair, grey jacket - this time with a blue hoodie under it- and all. On his face was a soft expression, as if he didn't know what to say. After everything that had happened at the shack, it was obvious the gang had been avoiding each other. Even that Friday, none of them had talked, despite being in several classes together. So it was surprising to see Blake make the first attempt.