Chapter Fifteen

- Wednesday, November 5 -

With four days left until November ninth and zero progress, time seemed to be ticking faster and faster. The school day was close to being over, and the gang hadn't even met up once to discuss new developments in the case.

All enthusiasm to find Stacy's murderer, or to find Stacy at all, had been slowly drained by failure. Even Spencer was beginning to lose interest in the case, and it was already enough pressure having The Mayrose News Team breathing down his neck about his story. At this rate, the rumors about new furniture in the library seemed more newsworthy.

It was already lunch when Yara had saw Spencer and Lena at their, - now procedure - table. She heaved a sigh, took her tray and began walking over to them, feeling several eyes watch her as she sashayed between the tables. And not in the way that they used to look.

She sat herself down at the table, and propped her head against her arm. "Ugh, the stares are never going to wind down, are they?"

"Thought you'd be used to the attention, princess," Lena muttered as she scraped her fork along her tray, playing with her mashed potatoes rather than eating them. Not to mention that Lena was growing a lot more bitter towards everyone, especially Yara.

Yara rolled her eyes and groaned. "Things could seriously not get any worse from here."

"You guys!"

Spencer, Lena, and Yara turned around to see Blake dashing towards them, his laptop tucked under his arm. "You need to check this out." Blake was breathing hard, his chest moving up and down to get air into his lungs. His forehead and nose were glistening with sweat, but his hair stayed flawless, still luscious and shiny.

He flipped up the top of his laptop, and turned the screen so that it was facing the others. They each read it in silence, and slowly one by one their eyes began popping out of their heads.

@%!#$

Hello again little detectives. Or at least... one of you. I must say, you truly are the good one out of them, Blake. Yes, I know your name. I know a lot of things about you. Like how you're trying to rain on my parade. You and your friends. Well, it won't work. Stacy's gone because she stuck her nose too far into someone else's business. So I suggest you don't do the same. Or else things will take an extremely ugly turn. Well, actually... looks like they already have.

Yara looked at the message unphased, but what was below the message made her veins turn icy.

Oh, and before I go, pass on a special message to my good friend, Ms.Davis. Tell her that the past always has a way of returning to haunt you. Especially when you least expect it.

I know what she did. And her punishment is coming soon.

I guarantee it.

Blake, Spencer, and Lena quickly snapped their heads to Yara, who's face instantly went pale.

"W-When did you get this?," she stuttered, her eyes never leaving the monitor. The bright light from the screen clearly brightened Yara's nervous expression.

"This morning," Blake answered. "I was looking at my emails this morning and there it was."

"Can you track the person who sent it?," Spencer suggested.

Blake nodded. "I've already tried. I looked for a header to the email address, looked for the IP address, even searched for metadata to use. It's like there's nothing to track at all. Like the person doesn't exist."

All eyes returned to Yara, Lena's glaring hard.

Obviously, Spencer, Lena, and Blake knew about Yara's previous drama with Shawn, but was that all 'The Multiple' was talking about? Was there more Yara wasn't telling? And whoever had sent the message referred to her as a 'good friend'. Did that mean Yara knew this person personally?