Secrets no more

Neither Sonic or Tails intended on sleeping for that long.
It wasn't until Tails was awoken by the orange sun setting behind the ocean that they realized what time it was.

"Sonic... Sonic! We need to get up. It's almost dark." Tails said, nudging his boyfriend.

The blue hedgehog groggily opened his eyes, only to wince at the setting sun.

"Ugh. What time is it?"

"I don't know, but we sure did sleep for a long time." Tails replied.

"Yeah, we should probably head back since the team probably thinks we are dead."

Tails giggled.
"Way ahead of you. I just got the plane started."

Sonic and Tails then got out from under the tree and got into the plane.
After a few minutes of flying, they both had arrived back at the tree house.

As they were arriving home, Tails noticed that Amy, Vector, Cream, Knuckles, and Charmy we're all playing volleyball out in the front.

The fox landed the plane along side the beach and got out with Sonic.

"There you are Sonic!! We were starting to think that you and Tails just ran away with the plane." Amy said, obviously irritated.

"Eh, Sorry Ames, me and Tails kinda fell asleep along the beach when we landed the plane for a break."
Sonic noticed that Tails face was bright red.

"Well, while you guys were gone, I took the liberty of cleaning the entire house. I hope you're ok with that Tails."

"Oh, um, Thanks Amy, you didn't need to do that though."

Knuckles then walked over, holding a volleyball in his hand.
"Hey Tails, since you two just got back from your little vacation, we should totally start a professional 3 on 3 game of volleyball!"

"I call Sonic being on our team!!" Charmy said, flying over.

Sonic and Tails then looked at each other, uninterested.
"...No thanks Knuckles. I should probably go take a shower after being outside all day."
Tails said just before heading inside.

Sonic hesitated for a second before speaking.
"Yeah, umm... My legs are a little sore from, um... doing stuff..."

Knuckles looked disappointed.

Just before Sonic could get inside, he was stopped by Shadow, who seemingly just came out of nowhere.

"Not so fast Sonic! You're not gonna get out of this one that easily."

The blue hedgehog looked back and then rolled his eyes.
"God Shadow, what is it with you and always being suspicious about something? What are you even trying to prove?"

"You know as well as I do what I am trying to prove!! So why don't you just be a man and spit it out!"

The two hedgehogs looked at each other with a death glare.

"Hey!! You two stop fighting! Can't we all just play volleyball and have fun?" Cream yelled, still with a innocent voice.

The two hedgehogs seemed to calm down.
Shadow then spoke up again with a sardonic tone.

"That's a great idea Cream. And since Sonic has been out all day cruising in a plane, I think this would be a great chance to stretch his legs."

Everybody looked over at Sonic anticipating a response.

The blue hedgehog knew that it was too late to refuse the offer.
" ...Ugh! Fine, We can play volleyball together. But as soon as that sun goes down, I'm going back inside."

Everybody cheered the hedgehog on and began walking back over towards the nets.
Shadow grinned at his small victory over Sonic.

Back inside the house, Tails watched from the kitchen window as everyone was playing volleyball.

*Sigh* 'Sonic's right, we can't just go back home and expect to be accepted back into our regular lives. Maybe there are somethings our friends are better off not knowing.'

As Tails lay gloomily across the window seal, he couldn't help but feel singled out by society for just being who he was.

Tails was so lost in thought in fact, that he didn't even notice that Rouge was standing right behind him.

"What's the matter hun? Don't feel like playing volleyball with your best friend Sonic." Rouge said with her feminine voice.

Tails looked back at the bat.
"Oh... Hey Rouge, I'm just a little tired from being out all day.

Rouge put her hands on her hips and grinned.
"That figures, you must have been having a lot of fun out there all alone with that sleek hedgehog."

Tails was little bit in shock from what she had just said. He wasn't sure if she was just being sly like she always is, or if she was hinting to Tails that she knew about the relationship.

"...Wait, W-What do you mean?"
The fox said, trying to sound casual.

"Oh Tails, you don't need to play dumb with me. It's pretty obvious what you and Sonic do in your free time."

Nervous beads of sweat ran down the fox's face.
"W-What are you talking about!?! Me and Sonic will always just be best friends!"

Rouge giggled to herself before speaking.
"Tails, I wouldn't be a double agent if I wasn't good at seeing through people's lies. Plus, your too innocent to be hiding your relationship from the world... Well, at least you used to be innocent."

Tails was on the edge of breaking. He had no idea how to respond to this. Rouge decided to speak up again.

"You guys made it pretty obvious when we found you too sleeping together on the couch that one night. And you basically confirmed it too me after disappearing on that plane ride with Sonic for an entire day."

If Tails wasn't nervous then, he sure was now. He was tired of holding himself back from the real world. If he could come out to Sonic, then he should be able to come out to his friends.
'If the world really wants me to be who I am, than so be it.'

"*Sigh*...Does any one else know that me and Sonic are gay?"

Rouge was surprised that Tails had just come out like this, but she pretended not to care.
"Well, as far as I know, me and Shadow seem to be the only people that know you two are in a relationship."

"Wait, if Shadow knows that me and Sonic are together, then why doesn't he just tell everyone?"
Tails said, with a confused look.

"Ummm... well, you see..."
Rouge had told herself for the longest time that she would never tell another soul about this, but Tails was on the edge of figuring it out eventually.
"...Shadow may sorta have a giant crush on Sonic..."

"Wait...WHAT!?!?" Tails yelled.

Thank you for reading this chapter. I thought 12 was enough to end the story on, but I kinda felt like there was more that needed to be said.

If you guys have any ideas for future chapter's with this story, don't be afraid to tell me.

Thank you, bye