The next day

Tails woke up the next day to the sound of someone cooking in the kitchen.

"Huh?... There is no way Sonic is actually cooking for himself. This never happens." Tails said giggling.

The fox got out of the bed and went into the bathroom to comb his hair.

Sonic was completely focused on getting these Sunny side eggs right. He had made them a few times at home, but that felt like forever ago.

The hedgehog was so focused infact, that he didn't even notice the fox right behind him.

"Good morning Sonic." Tails said, wrapping his arms around his body.

"Wah! Tails!?" Sonic shouted, almost dropping the spatula.
"Dang, don't scare me like that."

"Hehe, sorry I couldn't help how cute you look with that apron on."

Sonic blushed and threw off the apron
"W-What this? Uh, I-I don't know why I put this on."

Tails interrupted him by looking of his shoulder. "So, whatcha making?" He said innocently.

"Well, I was gonna surprise you with breakfast, but it looks like that's not happening."

"No no, it's fine. I think the gesture is very kind of you."

Sonic grinned. "Well in that case, you can help me make these eggs."

Tails did the same and put his hands on his hips. "Oh Sonic, you sly hedgehog."

About an hour later after eating breakfast, they were planning on what to do for the rest of the day.

"Do you wanna just go play volleyball ball again?" Sonic said.

"Nah, that's all we did yesterday. Do you have any other ideas?"

"I don't know man, you're the one who lives on this island."

Tails laughed and walked over to window seal.
"Well, we could go down to the village, but I'm afraid that we'll run into..."

Tails was cut off when he heard something slip through his mail slot on on his door. Immediately after he heard footsteps running down the stairs.

The fox walked over to the door, picked up the envelope, and opened it.

"It's a letter"

"From who?" Sonic said.

"It's from Chloe."

Sonic still had some unsettled tensions with Chloe. He wasn't sure why she hated him, but he was sure that she would hate him even more if she found out that him and Tails were dating.

"Well, what does it say."

"She said that she's sorry for getting mad at me and you, and that she doesn't want any more problems between us."

Tails put down the letter and looked up at Sonic with pouty eyes, waiting for a response.

After a few seconds of staring, Sonic finally gave in. "... *Sigh*, fine, if it's the right thing to do, then I'll go apologize to her."

Tails expression went from upset to happy. He ran over to the hedgehog and embraced him with a hug.

"Thank you Sonic, I knew you were a good friend."

Sonic grinned and hugged back.
"... Thanks Tails"

HUGE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Originally when I wrote this story I intended it to be a lemon, with chapter 7 being NSFW. Would it be ok if I reuploaded chapter 7, still being 18+. Please comment your response.