Closer

The walk back to the tree house was mostly silent. Sonic and Tails stood side by side, and both had a hard time not walking awkwardly. Before the kiss they were much more comfortable with each other. Now they looked as if they had never met.

"So. Do you kiss everybody that calls you adorable." Sonic said playfully, but hesitantly.
"No... I just had my suspicions about you being in love with me." Tails said.
"Yeah, I definitely had mine too."
"Really, what gave it away?"
"I don't know, was it the fact that Everytime I was near you, you'd be blushing."
"Hey, I don't blush!" Tails said.
"Totally not." Sonic said sarcastically.
"Well maybe you wouldn't have made it so obvious if you wouldn't have kept flirting with me." Tails said
Sonic was now embarrassed, remembering that he did flirt him.

"Fine, you got me." Sonic murmured.
Tails, still giggling, jumped up, kissed Sonic on the cheek, and ran the rest of the way to the house.
'Omg, he is so cute.' Sonic thought.

They arrived at the house just as the sun was starting to go down. After a long day of mostly playing volleyball -and other things-, they were both pretty hungry.

"Hey sonic, you wanna help me make dinner?"
"Sure, what are you planning on making?"
"Oh, nothing too exotic."

Tails brought Sonic step by step through the food making process. The recipe stated that it would take 20min, but for them it ended up being like 40min because of Sonic's lack of experience.
They left the TV on to play in the background while they were cooking.

"Oh yeah, I love this show."
Sonic turned his head for a brief second to see his favorite show start to come on. This turned out to be a mistake as he accidentally slipped the knife and cut the edge of his finger.
"Aaagh!... Mother f-"

"Sonic are you ok!" Tails said, running up to him with a kitchen towel. He wrapped the towel around Sonic's finger and held it there as he reached for the medical kit under the counter.

"Here, this should stop the blood."
He finished wrapping Sonic's finger and continued to examine it making sure he was ok.

"Um...Thank you Tails. I guess I should be more careful next time."
"Don't worry about it, you should be fine."

In the moment Tails was holding Sonic's hands, the hedgehog felt a need to just be closer to him for the rest of his life. He's never met someone who's shown this much urgency towards him being injured.
"I'll finish cutting this up and putting it in the oven, you go find a movie for us to watch." Tails said.
"That's fine by me." Sonic replied.

Thank you for reading. Please leave feedback.