"I'm going to train with Hobi hyung." Jungkook replies giving him a bunny smile.

"Let's get going then, Hobi can get impatient when it comes to training."

                                                                 ***

Back at the cafeteria, Namjoon awkwardly rubs his neck as he hears Jisoo talk about her friends, his eyes nervously glancing between his watch and EunMin, who had grown quiet since her arrival.

"Um, Jisoo?" Namjoon says with a small smile, the girl immediately stopping and turning to face him.

"Yes?"

"I know we haven't talked in a long time but, we, um, have some work to do." Namjoon says and Jisoo nods in response.

"Ah! That's right! I forgot that you are working on a case." She says giving him a smile. "Well, I hope you catch the criminal soon. Fighting!" She adds pumping her first up into the air, mustering as much aegyo as she can into her statement.

"Thank you." Namjoon says standing up and ruffling her hair. "We'll see you around."

EunMin takes a last sip of her drink, before she stands up to follow Namjoon, stopping when Jisoo speaks up.

"Long time no see EunMin." She says grabbing her own drink.

"Yes Jisoo." EunMin says with a small smile. "Long time no see. Please excuse me." She quickly responds, glad to get away from the awkward atmosphere.

As she heads towards the rooms, EunMin momentarily pauses to look at Jungkook, whose face is focused as he watches the moves that Hoseok is teaching him.

When he feels her stare, he glances at her and gives her a smile, waving his hand as she walks by.

"Don't be too hard on him Hoseok." EunMin says.

"Don't worry EunMin, I won't." Hoseok replies with a smile.

With a satisfied nod, EunMin waves goodbye and joins Namjoon who is tapping a pen against his chin as he stares at the sticky notes in front of him.

"What do you think?" He asks slightly turning his head to look at her.

EunMin carefully analyzes each note, her brows furrowed together due to lack of information. "Is this really all we have?" She asks and Namjoon sadly nods his head.

"Unfortunately yes." He says, watching as she places her hands on her hips.

Staring at the paper won't do them good, but perhaps thinking out loud could give them a new perspective on the case.

"Okay," EunMin says, "so, so far we have five cases in total, right?" She says and Namjoon nods, but that's where her thought ends, her voice trailing off at the end as she goes deeper into her mind.

"I know that look." Namjoon says looking at her. "What's bothering you?"

"Well, so far all the hybrid corpses have been found in isolated places that aren't that commonly visited right?" She asks and Namjoon nods, his eyes slightly widening when he sees what she's getting at.

"So how did these cases get reported and by who?" She asks, Namjoon immediately reaching for the folder with the information on the case.

"The first one was reported by a note with an address written on it, nothing else, and Captain Suho was the first one to go check it out."

"An anonymous tip then." EunMin says rubbing her chin. "The others?"

"The next two were reported by a call to an untraceable number."

"That makes the first three that formed the case, but after that, there's no more reports. How did you find the other two?"

"By the third tip it became a case," Namjoon explains, "seeing that all the corpses had similar markings on them. The last two were under my jurisdiction, but they were not reported to us. I found them by mapping out the previous locations on a map."

"Does the killer have a specific pattern?" She asks but Namjoon shakes his head. "The killings at at random, and the locations change every time. Sometimes on the outside of the city, one by the river, on abandoned buildings..." He responds.

"I don't like how long it's taking us to solve this case." EunMin says rubbing her temples.

"I know, and it doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere." He adds and they simultaneously let out a sigh.

"I still have a hunch about that forest though." EunMin says and Namjoon nods his head.

"We won't lose anything by checking it out." He says grabbing his keys from his pocket. "Shall we go?"

She nods and grabs her jackets, handing Namjoon his before she looks at their notes again.

"And we still need to find this Yoongi person. Maybe he can help us."

Taehyung was walking in the direction of the rooms when the familiar name gets his attention.

Yoongi hyung?

He wonders quickly stepping into one of the rooms as he hears a door opening. Taehyung waits and watches as their shadows walk by underneath the door, stretching until they completely disappear and their footsteps fade away. Then he springs into action, carefully making his way to their room as quietly as possible.

Flipping the light switch on, Taehyung's eyes are immediately drawn to the bed, his eyes slightly widening as he reads the green sticky note in the middle.

I have to find hyung before they do.

(2019/07/22)