Chapter 12 - Travelling Through The Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

Sometimes it really hurt me to think that I'm having everything I could ever want but these kids didn't.

But sister Annette made me realise that sharing money is just to meet their daily needs but sharing love is what they are aching to have.

My dad is sponsoring for food and any necessary needs for these kids . I give them love. Its more like my dad takes care of their financial needs and I take care of their emotional needs.

I could feel two strong arms wrap around me from behind me. He kissed my shoulder then placed his chin on my shoulder and said

" I know this place is special to you sweetheart and I remembered the time when we first visited here with our family.

You were crying your eyes out just like now and you never let go of my hand the whole time. "

I chuckled at the memory. I pinched his arm which was firmly draped around me and said

" yes I still remember that day. . You weren't even on the speaking terms with me but yet I was pretty much glued to you.

Now that I think of it. . I was really that desperate to be with you. No wonder everyone saw it".

He stiffened then tightened his hold on me saying

" you aren't desperate baby. . Your just innocent and pure. . Never listen to people who calls you desperate.

Because your family doesn't feel that way and neither do I. Why believe a stranger over your family.

I See you as this strong girl who has lots of love in her. That she doesn't think twice to give to anyone even the ones who doesn't deserve it"

My heart warmed at his words but I wanted to change the topic. So I said.

" Aww how sweet of you zander but we are here for a reason. Come on let's go I have to introduce you to all these kids here.

I know they would love you .. I will also introduce you to sophie.. She is a cute two year old. You have to see her. I'm so excited to see her after a long time. Come on zandy".

He was protesting all the way to the office saying how me calling him zandy was childish and how he was a man and shouldn't be called as such blah blah blah.

I tuned him out along time ago. I was to see my little soph now . Once we finished the procedures in the office we went to meet sister Annette hand in hand.

ANN P.O.V :

I saw allison with a boy who I vaguely remember from somewhere. I smiled at them. They looked cute together.

I wonder whether they are a couple but judging by the way he was holding her close to him is all the answer I need. I greeted them and said to Allison

" it's so nice to see you again ally. You haven't visited for over months while you used to come here every Sunday. What happened dear !! Is everything alright"

I saw the pair of them cringe. The boy looked guilty and Ally looked like she was reassuring him. Only then did i realise who this boy was and with a secret smile I asked

" Alexander is that you child? ?"

He visibly froze in shock that I remembered him. Ally was chuckling nervously with her flaming cheeks and her eyes darting between us .

I know she is scared that I would tell him about how she would spend hours just talking about him. Alex was the first one to speak

" You remember me Ann.. But it's more than four years since I came here"