14 ~ Pain

Exactly two months, three weeks, and four days went by since you had met mark.... he would be passing away exactly three days from now. You were watching as mark and haechan kissed from across the table, you had failed to keep the two apart and you wondered if you did the right thing.

Was lucas right, should you have prevented this. Someone falling in love right before their death was cruel for the person left behind and the person who had to leave the other behind. However, you also saw how happy they were. 

Then you remembered jaehyuns words 'isn't it best to let two people experience love once' . Before you could contemplate your choice further you felt someone gently hold your hand.

You turned your head to the side to see jaehyun sitting next to you, your heart raced while you felt your face go warm. You knew what it this feeling was....love, you had fallen in love with jaehyun. 

You smiled back while enjoying the burst of happiness your felt when you were around him. Then you noticed jaehyuns eyes turn a light pink color again. "jaehyun what does pink eyes mean" you asked and he froze.

"my eyes are pink" he questioned while you simply nodded your head as a reply. Slowly jaehyuns confused expression turned to a huge smile "well princess, it looks like I found my soulmate" now you were the confused one. You knew jaehyuns light orange eyes were used to find human souls but you remember seeing his pink eyes once. However, you never thought to ask then. 

"soulmate" you repeated, you were going to ask for more information on the ink colored eyes but as you were about to speak a voice interrupted you. 

"y/n, when are we going on our double date" you still didn't know what a date was, jaehyun wouldn't answer you. Then ten finally whispered across the table "it's a romantic thing humans do when they have found their match"

"they go to the movies, walk around, hold hands, everything" you froze at what ten said.

romantic....hold hands

You felt your face heat up in embarrassment as you looked down at your and jaehyuns intertwined hands. You quickly tired to remove your hand but jaehyun held it in place "no way princess, you're all mine. Especially since you told me about my eyes. I mean I always knew bu-" 

"can you two stop flirting over there" yuta teased as sicheng chuckled beside him, the two were always together now, sicheng often visited the school for lunch. 

Your face went more red at the comment and your heart was racing while you looked at jaehyun. You quickly looked away trying to calm your heart beat but when you turned your head to see mark you instantly felt your heart clench and you forgot about everything said before. 

You were to take his soul when he died.

~

You were all walking to marks place and you were currently fighting with yourself. 

You finally decided and turned to jaehyun who was peacefully walking beside you holding your hand tightly "I want to see their link" you whispered looking at mark and haechan. Jaehyuns smiled and his eyes lit up a light orange while he gently squeezed your hand "sure".

Then you saw it, the vibrant ribbons again. Your eyes naturally drifted away from haechan and mark to anywhere else. You sighed trying to muster up the courage to look, but you instead found yourself looking at yuta and sicheng who were walking in front of you. 

Their ribbons were connected, however it was tearing. You looked at jaehyun curiously and he had a sad expression before speaking "it's because sicheng is a human, they are still soulmates just one that was not meant to last forever".

Sicheng was not like yuta, he couldn't be there for yuta forever. He, like every human, would die some day. You looked at the tattered ripped light blue ribbon and light yellow ribbon, it was heartbreaking seeing the tattered ribbons. 

You continued walking and finally you took a deep breath and forced yourself to look at the two you desperately were trying to avoid. 

Haechans ribbon was dark blue and it intertwined with a peach colored ribbon, marks soul. You froze and stopped walking, you couldn't take it, your heart was hurting like crazy. You knew you needed to see the connection but now you wanted nothing more than to never look again.

The ribbon was such a beautiful peach color and it would fade away to a dull grey, you felt tears run down your face, for the first time it seems like you were crying. You were seeing the poor humans ribbon right before it turned. No he was not just a human, he was your friend. 

Your heart constricted even more and everyone stopped walking after noticing you crying, you felt the pain in your heart increase more and more, you couldn't breath. 

"y/n what's wrong" johnny said and he tried to approach you "stay away" you felt so many emotions and it felt like your heart was being crushed. You pulled your hand away from jaehyun and backed up.

You stumbled back.

"y/n" ten yelled your name worried as he tried to run to you but you knew something was happening, something very dangerous, so you screamed "ten don't" you were suddenly in so much pain.

You held in your screams and you tired to freeze time but you couldn't focus on anything. You felt jisung looking at you with tears in his eyes. 

Then taeyong approached you and you felt so unstable.... "stay away" you warned and your large wings burst out of your back knocking taeyong over, you watched in horror and you tired to reach out to him. You noticed all of the humans looking at your large black wings. Your bracelet was still in tact, they could see everything.

You felt the pain in your heart increase again and you tired to go to taeyong but johnny pushed you away "stay away from him". Jisung ran over and tried to stop johnny. 

"it's okay y/n is a guardian angel she can help" 

"SHE IS NO GUARDIAN ANGEL" johnny roared and you watched as his large white wings came out of anger and jisungs eyes widened. Johnny slowly approached you and pushed your shoulder angrily. 

"you know what, you will always be one of those angels of death, those soulless and emotionless angels of death no matter how hard you try" johnny was fuming as his eyes turned a light blue as he got angrier. Ten tried to calm him down but he continued to push you back. 

"you think that you're different now that you've hung around humans, all you angels of death are the same. Monsters who don't know how to feel, who's only purpose is to take humans souls after they die. You came here because your boss told you to and that's the only reason you're here. You never even told jisung right, you are no guardian angel you are simply an angel of death who collected his sisters soul. You are here to collect marks now and you simply gave him nightmares to keep him away from haechan because you don't have a heart. You are a MONSTER" johnny yelled and you felt your heart clench again. 

If you did not have a heart why was yours hurting so much, you felt tears develop in your eyes while you desperately grabbed at your shirt right where your heart would be in pure pain, then you noticed johnny's face contort from anger into concern as you couldn't contain your pain any longer. You fell to the ground, it was unbearable. 

"y-y/n is that true" jisung said with tears in his eyes and you felt more pain.

"y-y/n" mark said and he looked at you... he looked at you like you were truly a monster. You couldn't breath and ten finally ran over to you "y/n please tell me whats wrong" taeyong was griping his probably broken arm but was looking at you in concern as well. 

monster

Finally, the pain in your heart was too much to contain and you let out a scream.