7 ~ Memory

You looked down at jisung as he was sleeping on the couch. You felt your eyes turn purple and you slowly closed them. You waved your hand and there it was, a small white gem that glowed and a faint white string that lead to jisung. 

It was the memory of the dream when minji visited jisung. You just had to crush it in your hands, it was simple. You closed your hands into a fist but then you hesitated. You slowly opened your hand and looked at the small gem, the memory string was not attached to jisungs head. It was attached to his heart, a memory that had great meaning and value to jisung.

You were always hesitating that was why lucas always yelled at you. So before you could hesitate any further you took a deep breath and squeezed your eyes shut. You were about to  close your hand to crush the gem until you saw someone look right at you. You knew jisung could not see you and was simply staring at a empty hallway but you were still caught of guard. 

You froze while your wings spread behind you in surprise and jisung shivered. "y-y/n" he stuttered and you stood still. You knew from the first time you met him he was a rare type of human who could feel an angels presence if they made large movements but how did he know it was you. 

"i-if it's you can we talk about minji".  You looked down at the small gem and you did something you knew you really shouldn't have, you knew once you did you wouldn't be able to finish your job. but you decided to look anyways, so you slowly lifted the gem in your hands and looked at the memory.

Minji sat in front of jisung in what seemed to be a beautiful field.

"I'm sorry I have to go jisung but I am so proud of you. I know you will grow up to be an amazing person" she was crying and jisung was too.

"I-I don't want you to go" jisung sobbed as he hugged his sister.

"you know I got this final chance to say goodbye thanks to this guardian angel" Minji began explaining everything about you, every little detail while she smiled brightly.

Then she added "and her name was y/n. I'm sure she will look after you too jisung" 

"the day you died I felt someone there" jisung spoke softly and minji smiled brightly.

"well that has to be her then jisung, I told you she will look after you"

"I don't have much time so there is one more thing I have to tell you and it's the most important thing so you have to listen carefully, got it" minji asked and jisung gently nodded his head.

"I love you jisung" jisung cried as he hugged his sister once more "I love you too"

You felt your heart constrict 

guardian angel

No one had ever called you that, and you knew you weren't but this feeling rushed over you. You had known the weird feeling when ten had taught you about human emotions, happiness. Well at least you knew why jisung assumed it was you who was standing in front of him. 

You clenched the memory in your hand and knew what you needed to do, you slowly released it as it went back to jisung. You gently waved your hand over jisungs eyes and he gasped.

"WHAT THE-" you quickly covered his mouth "jisung I need you to keep this type of secret to yourself, understood" you asked and his eyes widened but he nodded his head. You sat beside him. You knew this was bad idea, you were going against lucas's orders, but you also knew you couldn't take away a memory like that.

You were not a normal angel of death anyone else would have taken it so easily. You groaned again thinking about your behavior and your wings fluttered behind you in anger. You might as well be as emotional as a stupid guardian angel, their powers amplified off of their emotions. 

"i-is minji happy" jisung asked and you froze. When you collected her soul you saw the inside of her gem glowing, she was a good person. You knew the glowing gems were the good humans and the red ones were the bad humans. You weren't sure where the gems went, it wasn't your job but you felt like if minji was a glowing gem she would be happy. 

"I suppose she would be happy" you said softly and jisung smiled and then slowly tears fell down his face. Then he hugged you, well tired to, he went right through and fell to the ground. You didn't have your bracelet on so even though you let him see your true form doesn't mean he could touch you. 

"oww" jisung groaned from the ground and you simply gave him the same expression you always held. Then you stood up and spoke "well get some rest" you waved your hand over his eyes again and he froze. 

"woah you disappeared" you left him and walked back to the other couch only to noticed a certain pink haired male staring at you from the hallway.

"you're different you know" you looked at the cupid as he spoke.

"I saw what you were doing, you were going to take the memory of someone but you didn't. Any angel of death would have done so easily" you felt your wings ruffle behind you in anger, you knew you were not normal you didn't need this cupid to tell you that.

"well that's why I like you so much" you looked at jaehyun and wondered. Ten had said he liked you too, then he said you were what humans called 'friends'. He said it meant you two get along from now on and would greet each other.

"you want to be friends" you asked and jaehyun laughed. Your heart warmed at his laughing expression.

"Well I was thinking more then friends but I suppose that would work for now" he said and you noticed his eyes twinkled a light pink.

In all your years you had never met a cupid, so seeing the light pink eyes were a shock. They were beautiful. You approached him and got really close to his face "they are so beautiful" you whispered and you noticed jaehyuns face was also going pink. You wondered if it was a cupid's ability. 

He chuckled and told you to go to bed so you traveled to the couch and sat on it knowing you could not sleep. 

Jaehyun walked away and was wondering why you were looking at his eyes so closely.