Chapter 1.14

'No. I refuse to accept this. Xiao Ai!' Thought Xi Zhao as he falls on his knees . "S-sir, I still have to give you the report. Patient Lin is not dead, but" Xi Zhao looks up in surprise. Maybe there is still some hope. Lin Ai could still be alive. Xi Zhao looks at her and asks, "But what?"
    "He is currently not dead, but is in a comatose stage. We are not sure when he will wake up." Replies the nurse. "What would you like us to do Sir?" Xi Zhao tells her, "I want him in a separate room. No one is allowed to enter without my permission. Understand?" The nurse nods and went away for the preparation. Xi Zhao was relieved, but he couldn't relax, not if Lin Ai is not awake.

________________________________________________________________

It was cold. It was dark. The only thing he could see was himself. It was lonely, just like the past. He was all alone again. No one is here.
"Host!"
  'Huh? Who was that?' Wonder Lin Ai. He looks around to look for the source. "Host! It's me! Enma!"
    "En..ma?" Mumble Lin Ai. "Yes Host! It's me. You can hear me clearly right?" Lin Ai's memories came flashing back to him. His death, Enma, the transmigration, and... "Xi Zhao! Where is Xi Zhao?!"
"Host, Don't worry he's alive!" Said Enma. He's been trying to get to his host for awhile, but trying to get to someone who's in a coma is not an easy task. If they were dead or alive, then yes, it would be easy.

    "Enma, What is going on here? Am I dead?" Ask Lin Ai. This place didn't seem like the one he was at before, when he first met Enma. "Host, right now you are in a coma. I can't pull you out of the world unless you are dead or alive. Your soul might break if I do." Says Enma. It was taking a lot of his energy trying to get to his host. "Host to need you to concentrate, so I can pull you out of your comatose stage." Lin Ai wasn't sure if it'll work, but it was better than nothing.
    "But Host, if someone were to disconnect you from the life support , then we can't make it back to the living world." He nods and listens to Enma's instructions. The more he concentrates, the more he feels faint. His consciousness starts to fade, but the only thing could think about was his husband. 'Xi... Zhao..'

_________________________________________________________________

    It's already been 2 months since the incident, 2 months since Lin Ai was shot, 2 months since Lin Ai went into a coma, and 2 months since Xi Zhao broke. The trees have already lost there leaves. The weather is getting colder and colder.
    'Xiao Ai, today is the day huh.' Thought Xi Zhao. 2 months have already passed and Lin Ai still hasn't woken. He looks at the sky for a moment and sighs. He reminisces about his time with Lin Ai, ignoring the cold air around him. A bouquet of flowers and a box was held in his hands, as he walks into the hospital and towards Lin Ai's room.
    He sets the bouquet down and opens up the box. The box contains a silver bracelet for Lin Ai. It was a bracelet of the same design as his. He took the bracelet out, and put it on Lin Ai's left hand. "Xiao Ai, Happy Birthday. I-I, Ha.." Xi Zhao couldn't hold his tears back. Every time he sees his pale face, it makes him wonder if his love will ever come back to him. He took a seat next to Lin Ai and held his hand. He brought the thin, pale hand to his lips as tears spills from his eyes.
    He's been visiting almost everyday, hoping to be there when Lin Ai wakes up and needs him. He'll hold on to his life as long as he can. Even if someone tells him to give up, he won't listen to them. He stays there and cries until he falls asleep next to him.

    A few minutes after Xi Zhao fell asleep, Lin Ai's hand twitches. Eyelids opening up to reveal a rich vermillion color. The first thing he notices was the warmth on his left. He looks over to see Xi Zhao sleeping there, to his left. A small smile graces his lips. This scenario was all too familiar to him.

    Just like last time he raises his hands a softly pats Xi Zhao's hair. He missed this feeling. He could feel long hair sliding over his shoulder. '*Sigh* How long has it been for my hair to be this long. He looks to Xi Zhao and scans his face. He could see dark circles around his eyes. His heart breaking at the sight. Xi Zhao stirs in his sleep as Lin Ai pats his head. "Hmm..Xiao....Ai." Xi Zhao mumbles in his sleep. Lin Ai chuckles at his husband.
    Lin Ai the finally noticed the bracelet on his wrist. It looks exactly like the one he gave to Xi Zhao, but it was smaller. He smiles at it and calls Enma in his head. "Enma, give me a report on what happened after I was shot." Enma appears and says "Okay Host!" Enma continues to give him a report on what happened after he was shot. He talked about what Xi Zhao did and who shot him.
    The man turned out to be the stalker that was originally supposed to be Hua Jia's, but instead it became his. The man became crazy and tried to kill Xi Zhao. Xi Zhao already had the man tortured and interrogated.
    "Xiao Ai? Is that you?" Asks Xi Zhao sleepily. Lin Ai smiles at him and says "Yeah, I'm back." Xi Zhao smiles at his lover he was finally back. Lin Ai could see that his lover was tired and urges him to go back to sleep. Xi Zhao wanted to refuse, but Lin Ai convinced him to go to sleep. Lin Ai smiles and went to sleep afterward.

________________________________________________________________

Xi Zhao wakes up with a start. He looks over to see if Lin Ai really did wake up from his coma. He looks over and Lin Ai wasn't awake. He felt like he was gonna break again and says to himself, "Was last night really all just a dream?"
"I mean, if that's what you think."