Chapter 1.13

After the proposal, Xi Zhao wanted them to marry early, during his birthday. Lin Ai didn't refuse and went along with his soon to be husband. He asks if there was anything that he could help with and Xi Zhao asks if he could choose a design for their wedding invitation.
    Their wedding theme was floral. He planned to have the wedding at the Waterfall Villa. The place where Lin Ai finally accepted the proposal. Xi Zhao made sure to surprise Lin Ai. He has no idea where the wedding will be, just that it's a floral theme. He'll be brought there on the day of the wedding. Xi Zhao will be there first to make sure everything is in place.

While Xi Zhao was busy with the wedding, Lin Ai went out to get a present for Xi Zhao. He wanted to go alone, but Xi Zhao told him to take a few bodyguards just in case. Lin Ai didn't really argue with him on it. He took 2 random bodyguards and headed out. His destination, was an old jewelry store. This old jewelry place was one he founded a couple of days ago. He had asked the owner to make a bracelet that Lin Ai designed for Xi Zhao. It was a silver band with a snake biting its tail and vines of roses around it.
    When the owner hands the bracelet to Lin Ai, he was in awe. The design was more beautiful than what he expected. He smiles at the owner and asks for the price. The owner looks at him and smiles saying, "Don't worry about it young lad. The bracelet is my wedding gift to both you and your husband." Lin Ai looks at him in surprise. "How did you know?"
     The owner points to his ring and said "You kept rubbing your ring while you talked about the design. You must truly love each other." Lin Ai smiles and nod. He thanks the owner and left. But before he did, he made sure to have a wedding invitation delivered here.

_________________________________________________________________

    It was the day of the wedding. Xi Zhao was already at the wedding destination, while Lin Ai was getting prepared. His suit was white with small silver designs. It was a 3 piece suit in all white. His hair was partially clipped at the side while the rest were left down.
    Lin Ai was getting very restless, but he still tries to calm himself. When he went outside though, he felt those stares again from a couple of weeks ago and before the 3 month passed. He tries calling for Enma, but his system still hasn't responded. He looks to where he felt the stare, but still nothing. The bodyguards led him into the limo and headed to the wedding.

    When they reach the wedding, Lin Ai looks around at the designs. They were all beautiful and perfectly designed. As expected of Xi Zhao, that damn perfectionist. Lin Ai laughs to himself at the thought. He was taken all the way to the waterfall and there were some familiar faces. Some from his works like his boss and Chia Xi with her family. He could also see the owner he invited. But as he got closer, he can see Xi Zhao standing here in a 4 piece suit, all in black except the vest. He had small hints of gold designs on his suit.

    One of the bodyguards came up and handed a bouquet to Lin Ai and got back into positions. As Lin Ai walks down the aisle, everyone stood up, but all his attention is in his soon to be husband. They both smile at each other. When Lin Ai got to Xi Zhao, they took each other's hands.
    The priest then started his speech and the usual ceremony procedures. They both put the ring on each other and with a kiss, they sealed their marriage. Everyone was clapping until someone shouted. Xi Zhao and Lin Ai we're both shocked as the man that shouted, took out a gun and pulled the trigger. Lin Ai pushes Xi Zhao out of the way, and he took the bullet instead. Lin Ai could feel the pain spreading through his body.
    His body falls limp against his husband's. Xi Zhao was filled with dread. 'No! Not again! Please No!" He grabs Lin Ai and looks at his face scrunched up in pain. "Xiao Ai? Xiao Ai?! Please, No!" A splotch of red blooms on where Lin Ai got shot.
    He looks at Xi Zhao and tries to smile saying, "Don't cry. No matter what, remember, I promise to be with you. No matter the circumstances." Blood drips from his mouth. He cups Xi Zhao's face and tears spill out. They were finally married, but it was gonna end the moment it started. "No, Xiao Ai I-I," "Zhao, I never did get to give you your present did I?" With this, he took the bracelet out of his pocket and slid it onto Xi Zhao's left hand. "Xi Zhao, you are the only man I will ever give my heart to. Remember that." Said Lin Ai.

     Xi Zhao looks enraged. "No! I won't let you die here! Someone fucking get me a car!" One of the bodyguards led him to a car and they drive off to the nearest hospital. Xi Zhao told him to freakin push the damn pedal or he is going to meet the devil. Then went past a lot of cars going over the speed limits, but Xi Zhao didn't give a shit. They finally reached the hospital and quickly took Lin Ai in.
     The nurse saw the casualty and quickly sends Lin Ai to the ER. 'Xiao Ai, I won't let you leave me!' Thought Xi Zhao. He made a phone call to his bodyguards that apprehended the shooter. He told them to interrogate him. It doesn't matter what method they use. They will use whatever is necessary to find out why he pulled that fucking stunt.
    Xi Zhao grits his teeth in frustration while pulling his hair. Just when he got what he wanted the most, something had to go wrong. He sat down in the chair outside the ER room, waiting to get a report on Lin Ai's conditions.

    He waited and waited. Many hours passes, until a nurse finally comes out. She couldn't mask her emotions well with the news she was about to deliver. Xi Zhao saw the look on her face and felt something in him starting to break. 'No. It can't be! Please No!' Xi Zhao broke and tears spills silently on his expressionless face. Although it was expressionless, many emotions showed on his face.