"Nah, I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street a couple of times when it was out in the movie theaters. I'm actually a horror fanatic." Magnolia admitted with a shrug.

"Well, shit, thanks for the support. So, being around celebrities doesn't bother you in any way?" Johnny asked not offended; more intrigued than anything else.

"Nope. I mean.. don't get me wrong, it's cool to meet you guys but I just don't want to make a fool out of myself." Magnolia told him.

"But... get me around Michael Jackson or Prince and it might be another situation." She added with a wink.

Johnny's smiled widen at her remark and he nodded his head.

"Which is why we like her so much." River stated, moving to stand next to her. "That and her personality."

"And she likes to be refreshed. Let's get you two something to drink." Keanu suggested, tilting his head to the house

_

Once in the kitchen, Magnolia decided to get a bottled water and Tony decided on having a beer.

River and Keanu watched silently with Johnny following behind them.

"You boys did not tell me she was that cute." He whistled as he took a sip of his beverage. "Seems like you two might have a little competition."

"She's a friend." River brushed him off, while giving him a look.

Johnny scoffed and threw both of his arms over his two good friends' shoulders. "Who are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

"Come on.. I have something for you." Johnny whispered in River's ear.

Keanu gave River a look, a pleading one, and sighed deeply when his best friend disregarded it.

Magnolia watched the emotions on Keanu's face and excused herself from Tony. "I'll be back, okay?"

Tony nodded, reaching for a fork for his plate of food.

Walking up to Keanu, she lightly bumped her shoulder into his arm, gaining his attention.

"You good?" She asked.

Keanu sighed again, not wanting to lie to her but he didn't want to tell someone else's business. "I don't know, Mag.."

Realizing that he didn't want to talk about whatever was bothering him, she gave him a side hug, before grabbing his hand.

"Come eat with us."

__

About an hour later, River walked into the living room. His eyes scanned the room until they fell on the people he was looking for. He made his way over to them, watching as they laughed while talking to one another.

Keanu and Tony were in a middle of a card game, while Magnolia watched intensely.

The vibe was pretty laid back - it was more of a mixer than a house party. There was an movie going on in the living room, with a small bonfire in the backyard.

Magnolia was the first to notice him. "Look who it is." She said, patting the space next to her.

"These two are neck and neck." She whispered into his ear. As she looked as his eyes, her smile slowly disappeared.

"Your eyes are bloodshot red, River." She whispered, not wanting to draw attention to him. "Have you been crying?"

River shrugged, leaning back into the couch. "I smoke a little bud."

"Hm." Magnolia let out an unconvinced sound. Although she could smell it on him and all throughout the house.

Keanu gave River a look, that didn't go unnoticed by Tony.

"Yo, Mag?" Tony called out, gaining her attention.

"Let's get another drink." He said, smiling at her. "I'll be back to take some of your money, rich boy." He said to Keanu.

"Not if I take yours." Keanu shot back.

Tony held out his hand, and Magnolia shifted her dress before getting up.

Keanu sighed, in relief, and moved to her previous seat on the sofa next River.

"River.." Keanu started.

"Don't.. Just don't." River stated, shaking his head.

_

"That was so much fun!" Magnolia smiled as they all made their way outside.

It had been almost 3 hours and the mixer was winding down. They had introduced Magnolia to some of their friends from the industry and some of their non-celebrity friends. Tony, even, made some possible networking with a son of a music producer.

"Glad you enjoyed your time." Keanu trailed her hair in his fingers.

"Where's River?" She asked, looking up at him.

"He's sleeping in one of the guest rooms. We crash at each others' houses sometimes." Keanu informed her, lightly kissing her on the forehead.

Neither one of them spoke on how that this was the first time that a kiss happened between them. It was just too natural.

Tony and Woody could be heard laughing, as they walked up to them.

Tony gave her a quick look, as he scanned how cozy the two looked in that moment. His shoulders dropped in defeat.

"Ready to go?" Woody asked.

"Yeah, I'm beat." Magnolia said, giving Keanu a full on hug. "Call me when you're free?"

"Of course." He said, giving her his classic smile.

"Thanks for inviting me, man." Tony gave him a friendly pat on the back. "I had a good time."

"Anytime. Any friend of Magnolia is a friend of mine.." Keanu chuckled.

Keanu watched as they drove away. The smile fell from his face, when they left from his view. Shaking his head, he entered back into the house to find River.