39| Don't Run Away From The Truth

Start from the beginning

I quickly showered and then changed into the clothes Gracie dropped off, which was a cropped striped sweater and some cotton shorts.

I can't believe Noah asked Gracie to drop off clothes. Why does he have to be such a good person?

I took a deep breath before I headed downstairs, trying to find the kitchen. It was a big house, but luckily, I stumbled into the kitchen pretty fast. Noah was in there cooking up a bunch of things. He turned to face me as I walked in and he smiled before turning his attention back towards the eggs he was making.

"Just sit down and take it easy," he said. "I'm almost done making breakfast."

I reluctantly sat down at the table, starting to fidget with my hands. I felt super awkward sitting here for multiple reasons.

1. Noah and I hadn't been speaking since Tuesday, AKA since he overheard what I said to my parents. So this was definitely weird.

2. I had no idea what happened last night after he brought me here. If I did or said anything super embarrassing or humiliating.

Minutes passed and Noah set a plate full of eggs, bacon, sausage, and mixed fruits in front of me. As well as a tall glass of water. He sat down across from me with a plate of his own.

"Eat up," Noah said. "It's good to have a big, healthy breakfast the morning after. It'll maintain your blood sugar levels, give you some good vitamins. And it should help with any nausea you might be feeling."

I took a bite and raised my eyebrow. "How do you know all of that?"

Noah shrugged. "I just do random research sometimes. It comes in handy when Chad gets drunk off his ass."

I shook my head. "I never thought I'd be as bad as Chad."

"You're not. You just had... quite a few drinks," Noah said. "Chad is a completely different demon."

Silence took over as we continued to eat, and all i could think about was how awful I felt. Because of the hangover and because of the fact that my memories from last night were completely gone. I barely wanted to ask Noah what happened, but I knew that I should anyway. So I did.

I set my fork down and looked at Noah. "Did I... say anything last night? Or do anything super embarrassing?"

Noah finished his bite. "Well you had a little drinking competition with Tanner. And then you did a little... dancing. With Zane, specifically."

"Right," I muttered. "How about when we got back here?"

"You got a little emotional, is all," Noah said, and I mentally groaned at myself. Of course I would have to get emotional in front of him when I was drunk. "Nothing embarrassing, though. You just needed a little comforting. And you did mention quite a few things about Edward."

"Edward?"

Noah chuckled. "From Twilight," he told me, and my eyes widened. "You said you wondered what was so special about him besides the fact that he sparkles."

I rolled my eyes at myself. "Of course I did."

"And awhile after you... cried for a bit, you just kind of fell asleep on the couch with me. I carried you up to the bed cause I knew you'd be hurting this morning. So I slept down here," he told me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my damp hair. "Shit. I'm sorry," I said, and instantly stood up. "I shouldn't even be here. You shouldn't have brought me back here, not after— well, you get it."