Empty

Jungkook was gone.
.
.
.
Okay, more like he was avoiding Yoongi like the plague.
.
.
.
Alright, he just hasn't been to school and work for about a week and Yoongi was freaking out that it was his fault. After the group chat, the younger disappeared without a trace. Yoongi's been texting him, calling him, but never got an answer. Hell, he even went as far as to ask Felix and Lucas if they've heard from him to which he got no closer to finding out where he went. He did, however, learn more about one of Felix's friends having an extreme obsession with Australia. Don't ask him how it happened, but one second they were talking about Jungkook and the next it turned to Felix's 'hot, fake Australian' roommate Hyunjin. It took 10 minutes for his phone to stop vibrating from all the complaints and fantasies they were both going on about.

So long story short, he misses Jungkook.

Don't get him wrong, he doesn't mind just hanging out with his regular friends and working with Sehyoon or Yein, but Jungkook was like a breath of fresh air, an escape from his monotonous life.

"Yoongi-ah," Sehyoon's voice pulled him from his thoughts. His coworker's platinum head popped up from where he was bending down to grab coffee beans, arms cradling the silver and pink plastic, "do you think you'll be fine for a few minutes while I go outside?"

Yoongi leaned forward on the counter, chin being held up by his hand, "For what?"

"You know." He touched his lips then pulled them away, exhaling.

The younger's face twisted, "I thought you quit that habit?"

"It's hard," Sehyoon put the bag down on the counter, "when you're addicted to something you never want to quit it, even when you know you should."

Yoongi didn't look too convinced, but didn't say anything against him, "I guess."

"Thanks! I owe you one!"

"As always."

Sehyoon walked out back, shifting through his backpack that was hanging up on the hook. A small sound of triumph left him when he finally found what he was searching for. With his cigarettes and teal lighter in hand, Yoongi watched, bored out of his mind, as his coworker went through the lobby and out the door. Sighing, he stood up straight, back popping. He might as well do something while he's stuck here.

He walked out back and grabbed the broom that was hanging up next to the swinging door that lead to the main floor. The blonde then went out to the lobby, making his way to start sweeping from the main entrance. As he swept, his mind wondered again to Jungkook. Just where is he? Is he so mad at Yoongi for lying that he'd do anything to get away from him? What if he was hurt? Yoongi could feel his breath quicken at the thought. What if he got hurt because of Yoongi? What if he was in trouble and was calling out to his hyung and he wasn't there to help him?

His vision was starting to get blurry, from his tears of worry or the pain that's building up in his chest, he isn't sure. With shaky hands, he laid the broom handle against one of the dining tables and stumbled over to the far corner near a window. The blonde quickly sat down and pulled his knees to his chest, hands coming up to grip his hair in a painful hold, eyes squeezed shut.

It's his fault Jungkook wasn't here.

It's his fault Jungkook hasn't been to school.

It's his fault.

All his fault.

Yoongi's hands tightened even more in his hair.

HIS.

FAULT.

Tears were streaming down his face, but he couldn't feel any of them. Guilt was the only thing filling his body.

Jungkook could be out there, fatally hurt, and what was he doing?

Nothing.

A broken sob left his lips.

He's the one who killed Kookie.

Suddenly, a pair of rough hands gently grabbed his dainty wrists. Long fingers tenderly pried his own from their entanglement in his hair. Slowly, they moved to cup his cheeks, lifting his head up from its previous position. Blinking rapidly to free himself from the remaining tears, he looked up at who was in front of him, their thumbs swiping underneath his eyes to get rid of the water that was still leaking down. He was met with crystal blue irises and a mop of bright red hair.

The customer that had taken his and Jungkook's photo.

Yoongi brought his arm up, rubbing his eyes with his sleeve aggressively. A broken laugh bubbles up, his self-hatred coming back full force. Fucking pathetic.

"Hey, there's no need for that."

The blonde jumped a bit. He forgot how deep the customer's voice was.

"What do you mean?" His voice came out in a whisper, barely audible.

The male brought his hand to Yoongi's chin, tilting his head so they were eye to eye. "You're not pathetic." Damn, he must have said that out loud.

Yoongi stared for a few seconds before breaking into an empty smile, "With all do respect, sir, you don't know me." He placed his hands on the wall behind him, pushing himself up on shaky legs. The boy took a deep breath, exhaling silently before plastering a smile on. "Is there anything I can help you with today?"

The customer stood up, hands going straight into his pockets. "Are you alright?" He completely ignores Yoongi's question, making the shorter huff.

"It doesn't matter. Now, can I help you?"

"Why were you crying?" He tilted his head, blood red strands falling in front of those crystal eyes.

Yoongi smile becomes even more strained, "Sir, I'm fine. How can I help you?"

"Doesn't seem like it." He took a hand out, thumb swiping under one of Yoongi's red rimmed eyes before the smaller flinched away. "What had you crying so hard, little one?"

The blonde exhaled sharply, annoyance  filling his body, but he was at work. He has to be polite. "Just teenage problems. It's fine, really."

"Girl troubles?"

"No," Yoongi shifted his weight from one foot to the other, arms folding over his chest, "friend."

"What happened?"

Sighing, he figured it's just be easier to say it so he can get this conversation over and done with. "I'm just worried that something happened because he hasn't talked to me in a week. That's all."

"Ah," the red head hummed, "I remember those days. Well," he put his hand on Yoongi's head, "chin up. He'll come around eventually, maybe even today. Don't give up."

"I doubt it." The teen mumbled out, fingers digging into his sides. "Anyway, now you know, so can I get you something to drink or eat?"

The customer waved his hand, "Nah, don't worry about it."

Yoongi blinked slowly, "But you came into a coffee shop."

"I already got what I needed." The man flashed a small smirk before his face fell flat again. Ruffling the blonde's hair, he made his way leisurely to the exit, shoes click against the tiled floor. He pushed open the door, stopping short to say one last thing. "Don't give up hope." Then he was gone, only the lingering heat of his hand on cheek remained.

Later when he was laying in bed, staring blankly up at the ceiling, his phone dinged.

Jungkookie
Hey hyung

Song: Empty by Winner

Unedited

Happy belated Birthday KimTae95MinYoongi93