CHAPTER SIX

From Kelvin's office, Maya decided to go and meet Rita at her house. On getting there, she parked her car in the subway and headed towards the house. She noticed that David's car was there too so she reduced here pace. The door was slightly open so she could view everything that happened. David was pointing his car key at Rita.

Things didn't seem right with them. He was really ranting at the top of his voice while Rita was crying. As David wanted to leave, he threw some naira notes on her. When he came out, he looked at her and went away. Maya ran inside the house and met her on the floor. She was seriously crying.

         "What's wrong? Maya asked squatting to console her

"He just broke up with me and told me to abort the baby since its not up to 6 months yet".

             "You are kidding right?"

   "I wish I was Maya. I just wish I was. This is too much for me to bear". Rita said and kept on crying profusely.

    "If he intended breaking up with you, why then did he propose to you? You see why I don't want to date anyone". Maya said which made Rita give her a sharp stare, sat up and cleaned her eyes before replying her.

    "Maya dear, your own case is different. You are scared of love that's your problem. At the age of twenty five  you still don't want to have a relationship with anybody. Give love a chance".

   " Don't worry about me. I am fine with my single status. Let's talk about you right now. What are you going to do with the baby? I hope you are not planning to abort it as he suggested.

         "God forbid I do such thing. I am keeping it afterall I put my self in this. Rita said and broke down again.

    "Its Ok. Just stop crying. At least a broken relationship is better that a broken marriage".

   "You are right. You are really a friend. I owe you a lot".

      It's nothing". Maya replied and continued "How about the business trip, are you going?

  "I intended to but not again"

      You have to go so that you can clear your mind off some things. Kelvin told me about it but I'll not be coming with you guys"

" I will go only if you come with us too"

       "No, that's not happening". Maya smiled. She was happy that within a short time she could make her forget her problems

           "Pleaseeeeeeee Maya". Rita begged

        "I will come with you. Just for your sake oo"

"Thanks dear friend. God will bless you for always standing by me at all times" Rita said and hugged her tightly. Maya could not hold back the tears as she let them flow freely from her eyes.

      "You were always there for me after my whole family was wiped out. I guess it's pay back time" Maya said and they both laughed
                                                           °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
James was in his office attending to  patient when Kelvin barged in without knocking. His behavior was unusual and surprising and he was panting hard like he was been chased by an amimal. Seeing his actions, James hurriedly dismissed the patient so that he would attend to his impatient friend.

         "Dude, I really need your help now" Kelvin said and sat on th vacant seat closs to him.  

"What help?" James asked dropping the file he was holding. The Kelvin he knew never asked of anybody's help except it was beyond his powers.

          "I discussed the business trip with Maya and she said she will not be coming with us. Didn't you tell her about it? I don't know what medical term you will use so that she would understand. I really want her to join us".

    "Oh! Its about your girlfriend abi? Don't worry too much cos she is coming though I have not yet discussed with her". James said

    "She is not my girlfriend yet. You really have to do so please".

"Do you love this girl as you claim?" James asked without lifting his face from the pile of books beside him

      " I do but she is stubborn"

    "I know Maya to be a very beautiful and hardworking lady. She is always committed to everything she does. But believe me, I don't see her as someone who is ready to be committed to a man. She loves freedom . if you would ask me, I will say you should give her enough time. She will definitely come around".

            "Thanks dude. How about your own girlfriend?"

    "I am as free as the birds of the sky. My girlfriend just broke up recently with me. Calls me a workaholic and that I don't spend quality time with her. Some girls are not understanding at all"

    "That's bad oooo. The girl is not considerate at all. Well you know they say when one door closes, another opens so be hopeful that a better one will come your way"

      "That one is for sure. Let's go get a drink to relieve us of some girly problems"

      "Are you done for the day?"

           "Only if there is no emergency"

    " Alright then. Am in".

Chapter six has been posted. Enjoy