chapter twenty four.

Start from the beginning

Ella smiled and walked to the many different skins, finally picking one out that had red and white hearts on its pink skin. Ella smiled, and nodding to Scott, Scott then picked out the sound that said 'I love you', not showing to Ella so it would be a surprise. The two walked over to the stuffing machine, the worker greeting them with a smile then put in the sound and telling Ella to step on the pedal for the stuffing to go into the skin. The worker stuffed the skin before asking Ella to pick out a heart for the cat. Scott asked Ella if he could and she nodded, smiling. Scott picked the red striped heart before holding it up. "Would you like to do the ceremony?" The worker asked. Scott nodded, "Yeah." The woman smiled, "Okay, take the heart and rub it in between your hands so she's always nice and warm when she lays with you." Scott rubbed his hands together with the heart, Ella smiling through it all.

"And she has to have a heartbeat so tap it a couple times. Now rub it on your arms so she's able to cuddle. Rub it on your back so she always has your back, now rub it on your hair so she never has a bad hair day. Now rub it on your knee so she needs you, now hop up and down so she has lots of energy. Come on, hop, hop, hop," The worker instructed, laughing a little. Scott did as she said, looking back at Ella who was watching it all with a shine in her eye, she really loved this boy. "Can you do a little dance so she's nice and silly?" Scott did a shoulder dance, laughing. The woman laughed, "Okay, now give it a kiss, then put it on your nose and make a wish." Scott held the heart next to his nose, 'I wish Ella will always know that I love her.'

Scott opened his eyes then placed the heart into the cat, the worker stitching her up then handing it to Scott who handed it to Ella. Ella smiled and hugged it tight as they walked over to the clothing section, Ella picking out a white dress that had hearts all over it and Scott picking out white shoes to go with the dress. They then walked to the computers and named the cat, 'Nicole' since that was Ella's middle name. They took the birth certificate from the printer then walked over to the cashier, Scott paying for it and adding in a toy cell phone and 'pawsport.' Scott bought a bag that Ella was able to carry Nicole in and before he placed it on Ella's back, he told Ella to squeeze her paw. Ella's face lit up when it said 'I love you.' Ella pressed a kiss to Scott's cheek before he inserted Nicole into her bag as they walked out of the store. "Now where we going?" Scott asked. "I'm hungry," Ella laughed. "Olive Garden?" Scott asked. Ella nodded, Scott slipping his hand into hers as they walked out of the mall.

Scott pulled the chair for Ella to sit in, Ella thanking him with a smile as he pushed the chair in before walking over to his own. "Today has been one of the best days ever," Ella smiled, taking Scott's hand into hers. Scott rubbed her knuckles, "I know. It's good to have a day away from. . everything that's been going on. Even better to spend it with you." Ella blushed, looking down at the menu and beginning to look through it, "I think I'm gonna get the chicken Alfredo." Scott nodded, "I'm gonna get the same." The waitress came by and asked for their drinks, the two teenagers also ordering their food and appetizer.

The waitress nodded, turning around and walking to the back, bringing their drinks not that long after. Ella took a sip of her raspberry lemonade, "So, Scotty, what did you think of the poems I read to you? If you were listening, of course." Scott rolled his eyes at Ella's teasing, "I was listening, just not to the third one because I was talking to Dallas, but the poems you read were nice. I just don't read." "Did you stop practicing for the PSAT's?" Ella asked, furrowing her brows. "Yup, after the alpha pack came along, I didn't have enough time for studying. . or school," Scott answered. "So what happened to your resolution of not missing that many classes, or being a better student or–" "It's going to restart!" Scott laughed, "I swear, I'm going to get better. But. . I need some help." "Ask Stiles," Ella giggled.

Scott gave Ella an 'Are you kidding me?' look, "Really, Ella?" Ella nodded, "How do I know that you're not cheating on me with Stiles?" "I'm not gay! I'm not cheating on you with your own brother," Scott said. Ella raised her brows, "Well, that's a bummer. I was all ready making shirts that say, 'Sciles is endgame.'" "I hate you," Scott deadpanned. Ella shook her head, "No you don't." The waitress placed the mozzarella sticks in the middle of the table, Ella and Scott thanking her before taking one each and putting it on an extra plate.

"You love me," Ella said with a mouthful of mozzarella stick, she swallowed it, "Actually, never mind, we're not actually boyfriend and girlfriend, because we haven't confirmed it." Scott raised his brows, taking a sip of his Sprite, "I thought we all ready had that done." "Nope," Ella laughed, dipping a garlic breadstick into the marinara sauce before eating it. "Well, Daniella Nicole Stilinski, will you be my girlfriend?" Scott asked, taking Ella's hand into his again. Ella smiled, "Yes, Scott McCall, I will be your girlfriend." Scott smiled and brought Ella's hand up to his lips, pressing a kiss to her knuckles before letting go of her hand to get his plate of food that the waitress was holding out to him. Ella took hers and placed it in front of her, immediately digging in to her food.

She hummed in satisfaction, smiling at Scott's face that he had made. Scott finished his food first, he reached out to try to steal some of Ella's, but she immediately smacked his fork with hers, "Nuh Uh, nice try." Scott laughed and sat back in his seat, drinking some of his Sprite, "You ready for school?" "Nope," Ella said, popping the 'p,' "You?" "Nope," Scott shook his head. Ella sighed, "Well, we don't have a choice. We have to go no matter what if we want a good education. And I want a good education. So, whether I like it or not, I have to go to school. To make my mother and father proud. Oh, and to make Stiles proud too. I don't ever want him to be disappointed of me." "I love that about you," Scott said. Ella quirked a brow, "Love what?" "The way you want to make Stiles proud. How much you care about him and how you always want to be with him. It's adorable, really," Scott said. "Really?" Ella asked, "I feel like I sound like a clingy and annoying little sister." "You're not clingy or annoying, El," Scott shook his head. "Uh, only Isaac calls me El," Ella said, pointing a finger at Scott.

Scott rolled his eyes, "Okay, then only Stiles then call me Scotty." "Um, no, I came up with that nickname back in the third grade. No one can call you that but me," Ella giggled. "Nope, now Stiles can too," Scott said with a raise of his brows. Ella squinted her eyes, "I knew you were cheating on me. Why don't you go kiss Stiles too?" "I'm not cheating on you!" Scott laughed. Ella leaned back in her chair, sipping her raspberry lemonade, she looked Scott up and down. "Mm hmm."