37. most definitely, yes

I wake up to the feeling of Josh's arm around my waist. I don't open my eyes and enjoy the feeling of my back pressed against his chest. I can feel his even breaths. He presses his lips against my hair and kisses me. He makes me feel so loved without much effort. I could get used to waking up like this every morning. It feels like a dream to be here in bed, in Josh's arms.

I try not to think about anything. Nothing else matters for now. It's just him and I. Just how I wanted it to be. I keep my eyes closed and pretend to be asleep for as long as I can but soon, I need to use the restroom so I finally open my eyes. I move my arm and place my hand on top of Josh's so he knows I'm awake.

"Good morning," he says against my hair.

"Hey," I say turning to look at him. "I need to go pee."

He chuckles then takes his arm off of me. "Hurry up."

I smile then get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth after I use the toilet and wash my face. I already know I won't be going into work today. I don't want to. I want to enjoy as much alone time with Josh as I can before the storm.

"How do you feel?" I ask him as I get back under the covers. His arm goes around my waist automatically. I'm facing him this time. I study his face. He looks tired. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Here and there," he says.

"Do you feel alright? Should we go back to the hospital?"

He smiles as he touches my cheek with his hand. "I'm fine. Just a little pain, that's all."

I place my hand on his chest and trace it with the tip of my fingers. He is shirtless so I can see a few purple bruises going down his shoulder. He has a cut on his arm. I lean in and press my lips on his collarbone. It's been so long since I've been able to do that. I kiss him again and his arm around me tightens. "Can we stay here all day?" I ask against his neck.

"I wasn't planning on letting you leave," he says making me laugh.

"Good," I say then kiss his neck.

"I already feel ten times better," he says. "Keep doing that and I'll be completely healed in no time."

I laugh as I put my arm around him. "I might leave a mark or two." I joke.

"You can leave as many marks as you want," he says in a deep voice. I can tell he's feeling the same way I do. I can feel his skin burning on my lips. We want each other but I have to remind myself that he's hurt. He's trying to play it off but he must be in a lot of pain if he wasn't even able to sleep.

I pull away and look at him. "I don't want to hurt you."

"It would be worth it, I promise," he says with a crooked grin.

I smile at him. "You're so hot when you're horny."

"So are you, baby," he says, his eyes burning with desire.

"Josh." I warn but he's already pressing his lips against mine. He slides his tongue inside my mouth and we begin to make out. It's so easy to forget about everything in this bed with Josh kissing me. He kisses his way down my chin then down my neck turning me on with every kiss. "Josh," I say again a little breathless and pulling away to look at him. "No sex until you're completely healed."

He frowns. "That's the worst thing you've ever said to me."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm serious. I don't want to hurt you." I trace the bruise on his shoulder with my finger. "I promise I'll make it up to you."

He kisses my forehead. "Alright. I'll remind you."

I laugh. "Okay." I pause as I look at his bruises. "It really is a miracle that you didn't break any bones isn't it?"