Chapter Fifty: Fordan? Jive? Whatever, They Have A Talk And Kiss A Little

Start from the beginning

"Jordie?"

His head whirled up from the register and his guilty smile turned into a golden one. Five was sitting up, holding his head with his eyes squeezed shut. "What the fuck's happening?"

"Five!" Jordan practically pissed himself with excitement, like a chihuahua; quick as a wink, he jumped over the counter and fell into the booth, his hands grabbing the other boys face gently. "You're alive!"

"Sadly, yes," Five mumbled. "Are we in Griddys?"

Jordan nodded, his hands still cupping Five's cheeks. "How're you feeling?"

"Dead."

Jordan laughed quietly. Five's face was scraped up, but most of the band-aids had fallen off somewhere between his house and Griddys. His grass-green eyes where mostly closed, only a sliver of the intoxicating emerald showing. His cheeks where warm from the sun, a few freckles dotted here and there.

"Can I kiss you?" Jordan asked, his voice a whisper. Five gave him a soft smile. Instead of answering, he leaned forwards and lightly pressed his mouth on Jordan's.

"I mean, I guess so," Five mumbled against his lips. Jordan laughed. The sun was heating up his hair, and the light filtering through the window made patterns on the tiled floor. It felt so perfect, it made their hearts ache.

"How are you feeling?" Jordan asked, his forehead pressed against the other boys.

"I just told you," Five said. "Dead."

"Right. I got distracted by...you know..." Jordan smiled sheepishly. Five smirked and put his hands in Jordan's hair.

"My...sexiness?"

"Nah. More like your cuteness. Adorableness. Smallness."

"Fuck off," said Five, and then nestled his face in the crook of Jordan's neck. They sat there, sun warming their backs, hugging. They didn't move for a long time.

~

"Jordan? I'm back," Agnes stepped in the donut store, a smile on her face when she saw the two boys sitting up and nibbling sandwiches. "Oh! Fred, you're awake!"

"Who's Fred?" Five asked, making a face; Jordan nudged him. "Oh, right. I-I'm Fred." Five said, his voice hinted with confusion and amusement as he glanced at Jordan, who was turning red.

"Yes, you are." Agnes smiled. She dropped a bag filled with thrift store clothes on the table. "I found you boys some clothes that I think will fit you."

"Thanks, Agnes." Jordan said, grabbing a grey tee-shirt with a rose design and a pair of black jeans. Five snatched up a blue shirt and a pair of khaki shorts.

"You're gonna look like a dork, Fred." Jordan said with a smile.

"You already look like a dork." Five replied.

Agnes smiled at them. "Bathrooms are over there, boys. You can go try them on, if you like."

Five and Jordan both headed to the bathrooms. Agnes sighed and went to the backroom to grab her crossword.

~

Jordan made sure that the door was closed. When he turned around, Five was staring at him.

"What? Something on my face?" Jordan asked with a small smile. Five smiled back.

"We need to talk." He stepped forwards.