CHAPTER 24: AT LEAST WE KNOW IT WORKS

"Have you gotten the news?" Narcissa snapped, her eyes keeping the tears from falling. "I came here as soon as I heard about it." Abraxas said and sat across Narcissa's table.

"My son is out there, unsafe and will surely be more unsafe now that he's on the lose. Again." Narcissa turned her back, facing the window from her office.

"My dear, aren't you afraid he's coming for you? For all of us?" Abraxas asked in concern.

"All these years, I've done many cruel things just to protect my son, I obeyed, I followed, but being afraid of him never crossed my mind and had stopped me from protecting Draco."

"Lucius will be coming for us. And Draco, he's better off away, than here." Abraxas sighed, and lounged deep in thought.

It has been exactly five hours when the news broke off. Lucius Malfoy had managed to escape Azkaban along with Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange, and the two others, Alecto and Amycus Carrow.

It was still uncertain as to how they were able to sneak out of Azkaban, and for all the years they have been heavily guarded in the highest security point in all the wizarding world, how and why now?

"Where are you staying?" Abraxas inquired. "Here. Shacklebolt had asked me to stay here in the ministry where it is heavily guarded, aurors present everywhere. Lucius is not daft to think of this as the first place he'll barge in, given the circumstances." Narcissa said surely. "You must stay here as well. We'll both be safe here, papa." She offered, concern evident in her eyes.

"I'm an old man Cissy, I've lived long enough, and if Lucius pays his father a visit, I'll offer him tea." The old man smiled in mischief causing Narcissa to chuckle at this very serious situation, "You humour me, papa."

"Madame!" An auror barged in without knocking, causing Narcissa and Abraxas to avert their gaze in surprise

"Madame!" An auror barged in without knocking, causing Narcissa and Abraxas to avert their gaze in surprise. "An attack has been done at the Weasley's." Narcissa paled at this news.

Ginny Weasley.

Despite their differences, Narcissa Malfoy had managed to reach out to the Weasleys and had spent a couple of Sundays there since the sudden wedding, offering her apologies to Hermione's acting guardians and have come close to Ginny and Molly.

And for years after the war, she has been trying to reconnect with her long lost sister, Andromeda Tonks who's everywhere. An opportunity through the Weasleys — but Andromeda, at the moment, still isn't ready to come into terms with her.

"And Mrs. Potter?" She inclined, her heart racing. "I—I'm afraid, Mrs. Potter's badly injured, madam." The auror lowered his gaze.

"What?!" Narcissa grabbed her wand from the table and strided her way to the floo network.

"Cissy, where are you going? It isn't safe!" Abraxas called. She heaved her breath, "St. Mungo's!" And flooed herself to the hospital.

"Don't you just stand there? Follow her! She's your Senior Undersecretary for Salazar's sake!" Abraxas snapped at the auror who was flustered. It scurried and apparated, the auror that he is, following Narcissa Malfoy.