CHAPTER 3: ONE MUST NOT TRUST A MALFOY'S SUPRISE

"So . . . You and Astoria broke up? I mean—broke up with the fake relationship and all that publicity?" Hermione asked Draco unsure how would Draco react.

Draco nodded as he was driving Hermione to her favorite store in the muggle world, in a muggle vehicle.

"That's so twisted and—terrorizing." Hermione gaped and slouched herself onto the shotgun seat. "You know? Marriages like ours are very normal in this kind of bloodline, Granger." Draco smirked.

"If that's too normal then why are you running away from it?" Hermione asked scrutinizingly.

Draco was taken aback from the lady's question, he's not ready to spill the details, after all, this is Hermione Granger he is talking to.

"Nah, I just wanna save Astoria from all these mental doings, she's my friend you know." I said plainly. Hermione seem to comprehend and nodded.

"So what was our plan again?" Hermione asked.

"The plan is that, we're gonna go together and announce our separation there. Since we have announced our marriage—" Draco was cut off immediately by Hermione.

"Your marriage, not mine, in case you forgot that tiny part there." She said sarcastically.

"Fine. So since we, meaning Astoria and I have announced the marriage publicly, we'll also announce the separation publicly, so that everyone would know too." Draco simply smiled in his well-thought plan. "That's it?" Hermione crossed her arms, unimpressed.

"Of course, we should make cringe worthy speeches." Draco added and Hermione nodded in agreement. "Why me? Why couldn't you just tag along Astoria, for real?" I asked.

"She's in Paris and I wanna spare her the drama, after all, it's my fault, all of these." Draco said in an uncomfortable smile.

"All of these, to protect her?" Hermione laughed a little. "Are you sure you aren't inlove with her?" Hermione added.

"You're mental." Draco just shrugged the thought because to be honest, he wasn't reallyinlove with Astoria. Not possible.

Why?

He's Draco.

"Turn to the left," Hermione gestured and Draco stirred the car to the left. "Stop here." They are in front of a shop in London called Dolce and Gabbana. "So this is your muggle thing, Granger?" Draco asked, checking the whole place.

"It's time you shop in the muggle clothing, Malfoy." She whispered. And Draco gritted his teeth. "I do, beaver. It's just that I have people to do it for me."

Draco Malfoy's
Point of View

Hermione moved swiftly and quickly jumping from one rack to another, every color her attention sets to. She's not hard to shop for, she knows what she wants. As for me, I have found the most wonderful thing in this store, the chair of boredom and complete distraught.

"Isn't this too Malfoy-ish?" I heard a voice ask and I quickly turned my gaze, I saw her with her slim figure, wearing a full length evening gown, in emerald green, with silver crystals to line every detail.

My jaw dropped.

"You are such a Malfoy." I said in awe, approaching Granger. Is it just me or did she blush? I chuckled at the thought if she did.

"You look perfect, Madam Malfoy." I said jokingly and she smacked my arms gesturing me to go back to my chair as she would have to completely finish her dress up now.

I waited patiently as I was paying for the gown. Being a banker means being able to learn the muggle ways. My father would definitely scream at me if he hears about this, a Malfoy being tied with muggle activities? Blimey. I've always thought it was the best way to boost the empire and I was not wrong.