CHAPTER 17: SO? WHAT DID MY MOTHER SAY?

"Thank you for opening Hogwarts' floo network to the Manor in such a short notice, Headmistress," Narcissa Malfoy arrived rather elegantly at Hogwarts. The middle–aged woman beyond her reserved composure shows direct concern for his son's whereabouts.

"Unfortunate events happen all the time, I'd be glad to help all the time as well. I just did not expect, that after ten years, I'd come across a misfortune involving again these children. It's just that, I can no longer send them to any more detention past curfew," McGonagall received the hand that Narcissa offered and ushered her to her office desk.

"Yes. Ten years. And they are still children to me as well. I'm afraid I have to apologize to you, we could've met in better circumstances, seems like, we always do meet like this." Narcissa let out an agitated sigh.

"It's alright Madam Malfoy, or should I say, Senior Undersecretary now." McGonagall showed a meek smile. "I'm afraid so," Narcissa exchanged.

"The couple are currently in the Slytherin dorm room, I may accompany you on your way." McGonagall offered. "No—No. It's okay. I can find myself." Narcissa said as she glanced on the tower–like papers on the headmistress' desk.

"I think I can lead myself to my former house dorm." She smiled and McGonagall understood. Narcissa was also a Slytherin in her Hogwarts years, a bright and cunning one at that.

***

Draco couldn't help it. He crashed his lips to the witch who just bravely stood in front of him, to tell him that she reciprocated his feelings.

They were no longer children anymore. There are no more games to play and aces to win. This is the part where he doesn't care if he loses once more, this Hermione Granger is grabbing his blonde locks madly, and he leaned closer to deepen the kiss, pulling her waist closer.

This feeling was like a memory from the past he could never, ever forget.

Hermione kissed Draco back, and the sudden feeling of familiarity is then again, there. She couldn't put her finger but Draco and his kiss was all she could think about for now.

They both broke off, gasping for air. They leaned on eachother's forehead, breathing eachother scents. Peppermint, pine and fresh parchment lingered in Hermione's nose and jasmine flowers with a hint of caramel and shea butter engulfed Draco's.

They both smiled.

"We're going to find that damned fountain and I'll take you home with me, in that little apartment of ours. We'll raise our little blonde beavers there." Draco said, his smile changing into a playful smirk.

"I guess, this ring we're wearing with our vows with it, doesn't have to be a problem anymore?" Hermione smirked playfully as well.

Draco sighed, "It still is, as long as it has that bloody curse in it, but once it's cleansed, then it's just a Malfoy ring again, worn by a Malfoy wife. My wife."

Draco kissed Hermione's forehead.

"I see you children have found a way to reverse your problem," they both gasped due to a sudden voice that echoed around the common room. They averted their gaze and a woman in hunter green robes walked towards them.

"Mother," Draco said surprised, as he held Hermione's hand, close to his side. Hermione on the other hand was nervous. She had already met Narcissa, but it was under a different impression. Now that her and Draco are in a different pace, it makes her nauseous to see the mother of the man she knows she adores.