6. Another sleepless night

Hello! Happy pride month to y'all! I made the chapter, and the art, a little about pride so it's a small special for you! I hope you enjoy it and be proud of who you are! ♥

Tord's POV:

I layed on my bed, deep in thought. Music flew from my earphones as I stared at the ceiling. It was around two am and I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't know, why. I tried to text Tom, but he didn't answer.

"Yeah, I could die happy for a moment, happy 'cause you stole my spare time..."

I closed my eyes and sighed. I missed tom, I had nobody to talk to. At that point, I realized I heard something. I took one of my earphones off and listened. I thought I heard heavy breathing. I looked around my room, but couldn't see much. I turned my lamp on and waited. But the breathing seemed to stop. I shrugged it off and continued listening to the song.

"Yeah I could die, now that I've been floating high up on the smoke in your eyes..."

The breathing came back, this time closer. I opened my eyes and looked around again, weirded out. I saw nothing. I rubbed my eyes and blamed it on being tired. I turned off the light and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep. I was still not tired, though. My body had energy for days.

"And I've been burned, yeah and I burned myself, saw no point in falling, just to burn somebody else..."

I heard breathing. Louder. I chose to ignore it and heard footsteps. I convinced myself it wasn't real and still didn't even move. That was when something pulled out my earphones. I flinched and sat up in shock and suprise.

"But now your dreams are catching my eye, maybe we could stay up and pretend for a while..."

The lamp was on and nothing was there. I looked around, sweating. I checked my phone if Tom texted me, but nothing. I began to calm down and left my earphones be. 

"Glass sky, killin' time, you leaned up on my shoulder and my thoughts dried, didn't mind..."

...I heard footsteps. This time, I really checked, but it was just my imagination, right? Right. I didn't want to sleep anymore. I grabbed my flashlight and decided to trick my own brain, since there was no way this could be real. I closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep.

"So alive..."

I heard something move. Breathing. Right next to my ear. 'Now.' I thought and sat up quickly, shining my flashlight right into a face of a monster. At that time, I gasped for air, sitting up. I still had my earphones in. The lights were off. I didn't have my flashlight and there was no monster.

"I felt like dying..."

I heard a ding and grabbed my phone, sweat dripping down my face as I stared at the screen with wide eyes. It was Tom who texted me, of course. I felt much better and immediately started typing when I read the message, taking my earphones off.

PineappleBoi: I'm awake, but why are you?

N0RSK1: I have no idea... But I had a horrible nightmare...

PineappleBoi: Oh? Do you want to talk about it?

N0RSK1: That'd be nice..

PineappleBoi: Okay, I'm listening.

I told him everything, shaking slightly. It was too weird to be true, but it felt too real to be fake. It was like some sort of book or something. My whole life was a book, a story I was writing for myself. I wrote myself an internet friend so the main character, me, wouldn't feel so lonely anymore.