While I, I could only sit there lost in my thoughts, Jai's words were again and again buzzing in my mind, how confidently had he said it once again. And the most amazing thing was that, I could remember it again and again as if he was saying them at that very moment.

"I am sure I can make you fall in love with me again." He said and smiled at me.

"And how can you be so sure about it" flabbergasted, I asked.

"Mitali, you know, it's not that difficult to not fall in love with you, and then again it's not that difficult to not express it and let you know about it, and I am sure," he leaned in a bit towards me, with his breath fanning my face, and surely it might have grossed me, thinking how awful it might smell, but surprisingly it didn't, rather it made me tingle all over, as he continued.

"I am sure that my heart will be able to convince yours, and it seems it's not that my charms aren't really fading or unaffecting." He eyed me with his piercing gaze and did I realize how my breath was caught in my throat and I was breathing heavily.

The flip of the bright colored invitation letter fell on the table, as I looked at it and then my neck strained up towards my Brother who stood there for a moment and then shook his head at me and sat back on the chair right opposite to me.

I looked back at the invitation card and then at my brother with my eyebrows rose, as if to question him about the flashy object on the table. But he decided to ignore me and called out to Shakti and said, "Can I get a black coffee without sugar."

Shakti gave him a bright smile and walked off from there. Whereas my brother decided to ignore me!

"Naveen, what is this?"

"It's an invitation letter." He stated and went back at looking around. Before I could say anything else, it seemed Shakti had his order already ready as she brought it along with mine, but as well took notice of the invitation letter and said,

"Ohh, this is the invitation for the ball that the business society of India conducts every year right? I didn't know it was already the time for it."

"You have been to it?" Naveen asked stupidly and it seemed Shakti was in a great mood as she laughed at him and said,

"Ohh yes, we used to get invited for this every year when-", her words subside as she realized what she was talking about. Taking a deep breath I took hold of her hand and said,

"Shakti I think that table needs you." nodding her head, she walked away from there as I narrowed my eyes at my sweet brother.

"What is it now?" I asked him. I somehow knew what it was, but I wanted him to say that, and was as well reluctant yet somewhere excited for, the ball was meant for the business man, which meant everyone will be there – including Jai Kapadia.

"Please come with me, I want you to be there, even Dhaksh, veer and Jai-"

"I know who all will be there; umm can Shakti come with us?" I asked hoping against my hope.

"You sure, she looks quite disturbed." Naveen's and mine eyes went off towards the said person as she kept herself busy amongst her customers.

"I want her to face it once in for all. No more hiding and running away, and I am sure, you are here to protect her."I smiled at Naveen who returned the same smile.

Naveen and Shakti would have always qualified the criteria for brothers and sisters more than then two of us did. And if he made sure that I was well vaccinated even if I had a small fever, you wouldn't want to know what lengths he would go to protect shakti.