Under My Umbrella

L I S A

It was Friday morning. The weather wasn't good, there were thunders and lightnings everywhere.

The rain was indeed very heavy. I went out of my condo unit readying myself for school then I remembered the shorter girl in front of my unit.

Not that I'm worried about her but if she don't want to have a ride with me she might possibly get wet while walking beside the road.

I came back to reality when I saw cat woman leaving her unit. I walked to her while she's busy tapping her phone. I held her wrist and dragged her to the elevator.

"Hey stop what are you doing?" Jennie said while wriggling her wrist from my grasp.

We went inside the elevator and tapped the ground floor button. As the elevator was getting to our destination no one tried to speak, until I did.

"From now on I'll always wait and give you a ride before and after school that's what mom said." I said shortly. "That will be granted!"

"You're the one who said that you don't want me to be in this job. So no need to act kind to me." She said annoyed.

"Whatever, just do whatever I say besides you can't keep a good work if you're always away from your boss." I said.

"Huh, boss your face. I can do my job greatly because I have ways to look after you, I won't be with you and do whatever you say not until you say sorry to me." She crossed her arms.

"You're asking for a miracle." I said.

"Fine. Then I'm going solo." The elevator reached the ground floor and she immediately walked away.

I just looked at her. I really don't care. It's not my fault anymore if she get herself soaking wet, I already offered her a ride.

I went to the parking lot and got inside my car. As I started the engine of it my mind suddenly was clouded by so many 'what ifs'.

What if she get in an accident?

What if she really needed a ride?

What if the lightnings hit her?

My conscience hit me.

Ugh! I brushed my hair using my hand and shrugged the thoughts away.

❤️☠️❤️

J E N N I E

The road was very slippery and the rain wasn't helping. Ugh, I need to go to school early because I still have something to do. I have been walking long enough from the building and if I will go back, it will just get more messy and complicated.

So I stopped at the waiting shed, but due to the heavy rain the spatter of rain was entering the shed, adding to the fact that it's very cold.

I was shivering while wishing for someone to help me because I was getting wet.

Someone please help me.

I nearly cried when there's a truck passed
in front me that made the water on the road splashed to me.

I regretted not letting my pride down and not riding with Batman inside her car. If I just did that I'm sure I'm already at the school. Now I'm suffering. I wiped my tears and sighed.

I lowered my head down unhappy of what's happening to me while waiting a few more minutes for someone to help me.

I was losing hope.

'Maybe no one can really help me.'

After a few minutes it's still raining heavily and I don't think someone can still help me in this waiting shed.

I was really shocked when someone behind me suddenly shielded me with umbrella over the rain and even gave me warm jacket.

My heart rejoiced thinking that someone just answered my prayer.

"Next time you should bring your umbrella with you." I looked behind me to find out that it's her, holding her umbrella while sharing it with me.

"Lisa?" I asked shocked.

"I'm sorry." She said and looked away.

"For what?" I asked her confused.

"No need to ask. I already apologized and now you're going with me inside my car." She said and held my hands while walking our way to her car. "Don't complain and I'm not concern to you."

I just shrugged. I'm not even saying anything to her. I realized what I had said inside the elevator. I unconsciously smiled.

'So she really listened to me earlier?'

"We're going home. You might get sick. I don't want any person getting sick just because of me." She mumbled when were already inside the car.

I didn't try to argue with her anymore because she helped me a while ago.

But still sometimes she can be so stubborn and sometimes cold too.

❤️☠️❤️

"Thank you. Now that I can handle myself you can now go to your school." I said wrapping the blanket around me while sitting on a couch.

I don't want her skipping her classes just because of me. What would just Mr. and Mrs. Manoban will say.

"What!? I just helped you and you're kicking me out of here!?"

Ahhh, shit here we go. She's being a stubborn idiot again.

"I'm not kicking you, stupid rat. What I'm saying is that you should go to school and study. I don't want you to skip your classes just for me." I said flicking her forehead.

"Awww! It hurts, stop. First of all, I'm not a rat, second stop flicking my forehead and lastly I. Will. Stay. Here. Why? Because I'm the boss here. Do you understand?" She said acting like a boss.

"Ahhh, you're the boss?" I said nodding my head.

"Yes I'm the boss here." She said firmly.

"What if I kick out here to see who's the boss here." I said. "You will go to school or you will?"

"What! I-"

"1" I started counting.

"What you're impossible I still won't go to that-"

"2"

"What the-"

"3"

"You wish I'll go to that hell."

"4"

"Nah!"

"5"

"Will you stop counting."

"6"

"Ugh! Fine! I'll now go to school happy?"

I smiled and made a thumbs up.

She walked away stamping her feet in anger. I chuckled at her as I pulled the blanket more closer to me.

'Cute.' I said while looking at her back when she's stamping her feet away.

My smile immediately faded because I remembered him, Pranpriya.

__________

SHARE. COMMENT. VOTE.

[EDITED VERSION]