Please Be Alive

J E N N I E

My palms are sweating hard just like my temple and forehead. I have never been this nervous in my entire life, it's like my life is at risk.

"Hey, don't forget to breathe Jennie." Irene snapped at my right side. I breathed deeply and exhaled, to lessen my nervousness.

I nodded at Chaeng and she tapped the doorbell.

Please let it be Lisa to open the door. Please!

A old woman came out that happened to be their maid. "May I ask if what do you need here mam?" Said the maid.

"Uhmm, I am Jennie, Jennie Kim. And I heard the family that owns this house came back here, you know Mr. and Mrs. Manoban. Can you please tell them that a Kim wants to see them." I said.

"A Kim I see." The maid murmured and left.

Few minutes passed and she came back, "Ms. Jennie Kim and company please come inside." The old woman smiled at us opening the gate and ran to open the door of the mansion too.

As we stepped inside, only silence welcomed us.

The silence, it wasn't calming, it was heartbreaking. It seemed that inside this mansion everything felt like lifeless.

Dead.

Dead. She's dead.

It feel like someone just break my heart into pieces. It's keep sinking in my mind that she's gone but my heart keeps that pushing out of my mind. Hoping that she's there waiting for me.

Another maid arrived and assisted us to Mr. Manoban's office. I breathed very deeply.

We stopped at front of huge door. The maid looked at me, she bowed and left us three. The maid told us that Lisa's parents were already inside but didn't mention anything about her.

Is there any chance that Lisa is inside too? Is she waiting for me? Is she still alive?

Does she...

Still love me?

"Unnie, Go inside we will wait for you here." Chaeyoung said to me in a low voice, it snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry Jennie, no matter what happens we'll be always be here for you, we got you." Irene added.

I just nodded and nervously opened the door with my trembling hands. I entered the room to see Lisa's parents sitting patiently without her, without the one I've been expecting to see.

Maybe she's just in her room resting. I tried to convince myself.

My heart ached.

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

Making myself believe that she's still alive when I myself don't even believe in me. I pity myself, I am pathetic. I am weak.

"Please sit Jennie." Mr. Manoban said to me.

So I did, I sat in front of his table while Mrs. Manoban was sitting across mine.

"I'm not gonna take this any longer, I know why you're here." Mr. Manoban said seriously but with anger filled his voice.

"Marco! I already told you that don't be mad at her. It's not her fault." Her wife spat.

Huh? My fault. Why?

Please don't.

Please don't tell me of what I'm thinking is true.

Please don't say that—

"Really?! Why I couldn't be mad! Huh, she's the reason of Lisa's death!" He shouted angrily.