Chapter Two

----------------------------------------------------------------

Water and Air 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agent Fury noticed something with the young girl when she would do simple things like when she washed the dishes the water didn't splash everywhere - she was a very un-careful washer though, she was also very clumsy but when she fell or something the air would catch her. Fury didn't want to bother Carol with this so he tried to find out by himself.

While the young girl was asleep he walked into her room, he was shocked to see the water around her forming a shield around her, the water flowed around her floating body while she slept. 

The water flowed in a delicate way like a petal surrounded a rose. Fury cautiously walked forward into the room and closer to the girl, he regretted his decision when the water detected him and splashed him. With the water now attacking Fury, Lexi still floated in the air but without the water delicately protecting her.

The next morning, Fury was less than impressed, he was attacked by water for an hour straight. He sat at the table when Lexi walked down the stairs. Lexi stopped by the doorway when she saw the sour look on Fury's face. Fury was looking at the video of last night, he had set up a camera in her room when he went to take some of her blood to sample it.

"Lexi come here please," Fury asked the young girl, Lexi got off the doorway and walked towards Fury. Fury turned the device and showed her, Lexi was shocked, to say the least. When the video was finished, Lexi sat down and looked at her hands. The room was silent. Fury placed a glass of water in front of her and watched her.

Lexi shakily rose her hand up and picked up the cup, she thought about the water lifting out of the cup and that's exactly what happened. The water rose up slowly and twirled around her hand, Lexi started playing with the water that was forming a bracelet around her hand. That is when she got an idea, she put the cup down and she concentrated on moving half of the. water to her other hand. 

Fury watched with wonder, he watched the girl play with the water, watching how no drops of water touched anywhere. He wasn't paying attention when Lexi was calling his name. Lexi began to grow frustrated when Fury didn't hear her calling him, so she decided to do something that she'll probably regret. 

She pointed her hand up and moved the water towards Fury. She didn't realize how fast the water was flowing at and it hit Fury in the chest, he looked at his chest and looked at the girl. Lexi had an innocent smile on her face.

"Carol will be proud of you. However, you will do the dishes for the rest of the week, kid." Fury chuckled and left to change. Lexi smiled at herself and walked outside so she can try her water abilities again. 

Months later, she mastered her water and flying abilities. Something about her energy told her that she has more powers than she has figured out yet. Lexi lay on her bed, moving the water in her glass around the room when she heard a familiar voice in the kitchen downstairs. Lexi smiled and ran downstairs. 

"CAROL!" Lexi shrieked. Carol spun around and opened her arms. Lexi bounced and ran to her mentor's open arms. Lexi wrapped her arms tightly around Carol. Carol smiled and held the young girl close. 

"Lexi? Don't you have something to show Carol?" Fury asked. Lexi abruptly ended the hug and ran to the sink and poured a glass of water. Lexi set the glass down and held her hands above the glass. 

"Watch." Lexi concentrated on the water in the glass and forced it to move up and out of the glass. The water flowed out of the glass and around her arms. The water spiraled around her arms and she looked up at Carol. 

"Wow," Carol whispered. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were transfixed on the floating water. Fury tried to snap Carol out of her gaze but she didn't move. He gave Lexi a wink and moved out of the way. Lexi aimed her arms at Carol and let go of the concentration. Lexi watched the water go for Carol. 

"Lexi!" Carol shrieked. Lexi laughed and bolted out of the room. She ran outside and stood in the middle of the garden. Carol and Fury ran out, laughing. Lexi laughed so hard she fell to the ground and gripped onto the grass. 

When they stopped laughing, Carol walked up to Lexi and hugged her. Carol placed her hands in Lexi's smaller ones and gave them a little electric shock. Lexi jumped and growled. She jumped into the air and flew to the pool nearby. 

She flew back with water floating around her. She flew closer to the ground and aimed it at Carol. She let it go and all the water hit Carol, she fell to the ground and laughed. Carol jumped off of the floor and flew at Lexi.

"You can fly?" Carol shouted. Lexi nodded and flew away. They flew around each other, Carol trying to dry herself and Lexi was just having fun. Fury pulled a chair out and watched the two flying girls chase each other around. 

"I have something to show you," Carol said, Lexi got the message and flew into her room and changed into her spacesuit. Her smaller suit still fitted her, the bigger one was for when she started missions, as Fury once told her. 

"Let's go!" Lexi said as she flew down and met with Fury and Carol. Carol smiled and hugged Fury one last time. Together they flew off Earth and into space. Lexi turned around and looked at the sun again. 

They flew towards the space jump. The jump was quick and painless but Lexi still had to recover, she turned around and recognized the solar system, she turned to look at the dying star before her. 

The star was brighter than the last time she was here, 24 earth-months ago. The glow was amazing, she watched how the star started getting brighter and brighter before it got blindingly bright. 

The star exploded and sent a shockwave, however, Carol held them both still. Lexi flew forwards, to the pieces of the star. She got a small piece of the star and flew back, it still glowed a bright yellow. She flew towards Carol and hand her the smaller piece of the fallen star.

"Thank you, Carol," Lexi said as she pocketed her piece of the star, Carol pocketed her smaller piece and she motioned for them to go back. Lexi raced Carol to the space jump and went through first. 

"Haha. I beat you, slowpoke." Lexi chanted. Carol laughed and shook her head.

"I'm sure you know how to get back so I'm going to leave you here. Call me if you need me." Lexi moved to hug her, Carol chuckled and hugged the teenager back. Carol turned around and flew off to the space jump when the glowing woman was no longer in sight Lexi turned and flew towards Earth. 

She entered the atmosphere and watched as the buildings got bigger. Lexi landed in her backyard and ran inside, she ran to her bedroom and got an extra chain from her room and tied the rock onto the chain. She placed the chain around her neck and clipped it. She changed out of her suit and into normal clothes.

Edited 20/12/2019