Chapter One

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Words couldn't describe what happened to her 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Carol Danvers set off from Earth to end the war between Kree and the Skrulls but what she didn't know was that she needed to the war between the Kree council and the Kree people.

When she got to Xandar, she noticed a young, blonde girl walking out of a house, she looked so lost and broken. 

"Hello?" Carol said to the young girl. The girl shrunk away from her and ran away. Carol ran after her and placed her hands on the girl's shoulders. Carol knew something was wrong, so she picked the girl up and walked to the house. 

Carol pushed the door open, using one hand as the other one was supporting the little girl. Carol stopped in her tracks when she saw the inside of the house. The young girl shrieked and tried to wiggle her way out of Carol's grip. 

Carol looked one last time before she burnt the place down. She walked out of the house and into the street. She set the young girl down and took her hands in hers. 

"Do you have a family?" Carol asked the girl, the girl shook her head and stared out in front of her as they walked in silence, they walked for about an hour, Carol stopping every now and then to ask them if they had seen a warehouse for spacesuits but then Carol noticed a familiar suit-shop, a Kree-Starforce suit shop, if Carol was going to get the girl away from here she needed a suit to travel in.

The captain walked into the shop and asked the clerk for a Kree-Starforce suit, fortunately, they had two left, Carol got both sizes for the girl, as she'll need one when she gets older, she handed the girl the smaller suit and she went to change. While the girl was changing, Carol lent against the door.

"What is your name?" Carol asked, the girl stayed quiet and when the girl was finished changing she unlocked the door and walked out the door.

"Lexi Grace." Carol nodded and held her hand out to the girl, the girl grabbed it and they walked to the shop owner and asked for a backpack, they put Lexi's old clothes and extra suit in the backpack and they went outside, Carol held her hand out once more and Carol lifted them both up into space.

"Carol Danvers." Lexi barely heard the woman beside her speak, she kept holding on to her hand while admiring the stars and galaxy. They passed many planets, sometimes stopping at a few planets to help them. 

Some of them were stunning while others looked deadly and scary like Vormir. As they passed the last space-jump, Lexi noticed a small star in amongst the rest, it looked lost like her.

"That star is a lonely, dying star. Everyone is waiting for it to explode. It's called Starmara." Carol smiled at the young girl, they stopped for a bit to look at the star, the star was wilting and dying but it was the most beautiful thing in the galaxy. It shone a bright yellow, it almost looked like the birthplace of Carol's powers.

Carol tugged Lexi's hand and they flew through the next space-jump. They stopped after the jump, Carol knew that Lexi always felt a little sick when they traveled through one of them, after Lexi recovered from the jump she lifted her head up and looked at this solar system, Lexi was mesmerized by the bright orange sun in this part of this solar system. They flew their way to the small planet with weird shapes of land on it.

"Carol, why are we here?" Lexi asked, Carol, stopped and looked at the younger girl. She grabbed both of Lexi's hands and looked her in the eyes. 

"This is where I leave you. You will be in great hands." Lexi nodded and they started their descent into the atmosphere, this was always Lexi's favorite thing about entering a new planet. 

They drifted slowly down, the buildings got bigger and bigger, slowly the blue looked like water. Carol's feet gently touched the ground and Lexi's feet followed. The man in front of them had an eyepatch over the one eye and there was a cat sitting next to him. Carol let go of the girl's hand and walked over to the agent.

"Agent Fury," Carol said extending a hand to him, the agent pulled his glasses off and hugged the captain. Shocked but not surprised, Carol chuckled and hugged him back.

"Who is this?" Fury asked pointing to Lexi, Lexi gave him a shy smile and small, awkward wave.

"This is your new defender when she gets older." Fury looked at Carol like she had two heads, Carol just stared at him, Fury got the idea and walked off. Carol walked up to Lexi and looked at her.

"You'll do great little one." Lexi nodded and Carol jumped into the sky, Lexi watched the glowing woman get further and further away. 

Fury walked slowly up to the small girl and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Fury moved his hand and walked away, Lexi followed him and walked behind him. Fury led her into a car and they drove off.

"How do you know Carol?" Lexi asked, Fury, chuckled and told the girl how he and the glowing woman met. Lexi listened to while staring out of the window, this planet wasn't like the others she had been to, it was a shit-hole but not too-shit-hole.

Fury drove up to a house, there weren't many houses in the distance. He stopped the car and got out, he turned back to face Lexi and asked her to get out. Fury and Lexi stood outside the house the door, she waited patiently for Fury to find his keys.

Fury eventually found his key and opened the door, the door swung open and Lexi stepped inside. Lexi spun around in amazement, the small house was clean and didn't have anything out fo place.

"You can take the small bedroom upstairs. Dinner will be ready soon." Lexi nodded and walked up the wooden stairs and walked into the small bedroom. The room had a bed and set of drawers, behind the drawers was a window that looked out onto the city. Lexi sat on her bed and looked out the window, she wondered Carol was doing saving the universe.

Edited 20/12/2019