Chapter 21: The Millers' Return

(This may be Short, but this will be the lead in to Nationals)

At the studio, the day was July 8th as the moms and girls including Kendall and Jill were all sitting in the Dancer's Den waiting to find out when Abby and Spencer were going to come back. Vivi was there because Gianna brought her to the studio as Melissa and Christi arrived from visiting Abby and Spencer, who were caring for the ailing Maryen at Abby's house.

"Hey." Melissa and Christi greeted.

"Hey, there." Kelly said.

"Does anyone have a clue on if Abby and Spencer are gonna be here?" Holly asked.

"I don't think they'll be coming." Christi answered. "They told me and Melissa that they're staying with Mrs. Miller today and they know that today is the day we normally do pyramid."

"They will at one point, but family comes first and they also assured they'll be with us for Nationals." Melissa added.

"Good to know." Kristie said as Gianna walked into the Dancer's Den.

"Hey." Gianna said. "Girls, i spoke with Spencer and he and Abby told me that i'm in charge of the routines this week again, can you go in Studio A and start stretching?"

"All righty." Asia commented as she and the other girls all went into Studio A as Gianna turned to the moms.

"Like i just said, i spoke with Spencer and we'll be competing this weekend."

"All righty, do you have any idea on who'll be doing dances?" Kelly asked as Jill was looking on.

"Yes, Chloe's getting a solo, Asia and Mackenzie are in a duet and everyone is in the group and it's apparent that Maddie and Chloe are going to get solos at Nationals even though Chloe is getting one." Gianna told them.

"What about Kendall?" Jill wondered, but Gianna rolled her eyes and left the Dancer's Den, it was obvious that like Abby and Spencer, she was getting tired of Jill.

It was thursday, which was two days prior to competition, the girls were rehearsing the group dance and outside of the studio, a Chevrolet Express 3500 van and following it was a gray escalade, the vehicles parked and getting out of the van was none other than Spencer and exiting the escalade was Abby.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Spencer greeted as he and Abby came into Studio A.

"Hey, how's it going, ladies?" Abby asked, smiling as she looked at Maddie and Chloe

"Welcome back, Miss Abby." Chloe stated. "And you too, Spence."

"Thanks." Spencer said, smiling as well and Gianna gave them both hugs while the some of the moms froze slightly seeing them back and they saw them smiling and didn't know what to expect, but Jill was hoping that they'd let bygones be bygones with her and move on from the drama she has had with them.

"They're back." Kelly stated as Jill looked on.

"It's obvious they found the food trail." Holly laughed as Melissa, Christi and Kristie rolled their eyes and even Kelly did too.

"They're actually smiling too." Jill said. "But i have a feeling that something is going down."

Abby and Spencer looked over at Kendall.

"What are you doing here?" Spencer asked Kendall, crossing his arms. "You thought you and your mother could pull a fast one and sneak in while me and my mom were away?"

Kendall kept moving back when Spencer and Abby were talking to her.

"There's tension that is so thick, you could cut it with a knife." Melissa predicted.