Chapter 11: Injury or not?

It was January 7th and at the studio, Abby and Spencer were standing in Studio A as the girls were coming in with their moms to start yet another week of rehearsals.

"All right, let's start off by talking about Bernardsville, New Jersey." Spencer spoke. "Three second place finishes and you know what second plalce is and also, the duet was fifth and to be honest, it's ok, everyone needed to be knocked down a few pegs, even you two, Maddie and Chloe. And even i was knocked down a few pegs when i was younger dancing for my mom, but it motivated me to be a better dancer."

"You girls looked exquisite in the group dance, but we didn't see a story and you did a great job if you want to be second place. If you want to win, you have to go back to the basics." Abby said. "Also, this weekend, we'll be traveling to Minneapolis, Minnesota to attend In10sity Dance competition and i know we've been there before, but we're heading there again. Now let's move on to pyramid."

"First on the pyramid is..." Spencer revealed the first photo on the pyramid. "Mackenzie, remember this 11 points between you and the next person, 11 points."

"Next is..." Abby revealed the next photo. "Nia, you weren't feeling well and we can blame that, but however, the legs and feet were sloppy, so we're still gonna have to tune that."

"Next we have..." Spencer revealed Paige's headshot next. "Paige, your arms were out of control, but we'll work on that with you."

"Next..." Kendall's headshot was revealed by Abby. "Kendall, your turns were good and all in the duet, but you bobbled them and your mother caused trouble, so tell her to Chill Out."

"Next..." Kendall headshot was revealed next by Spencer. "Maddie, you were good with your solo, but there are some things that need to be worked on."

"Ok, next on the pyramid is..." Abby revealed Brooke's headshot. "Brooke, you pulled our eyes in a positive way, just keep at it with your dancing."

"And on the top of the pyramid is Chloe." Spencer said, revealing Chloe's headshot on the top of the pyramid. "Chloe, despite the group dance getting second, you were magnificent in the routine."

"The name this week's group routine is called Jump In The Line. Chloe, you'll be doing a solo named Emeralds, Maddie, you'll also be doing a solo called Be Found, Brooke, you'll be doing a solo as well named Wake Me Up." Spencer stated, then he turned to the moms. "Moms, you're dismissed and girls, start stretching."

The moms went upstairs and talked about taking Abby to a speed dating thing, which didn't work.

"Even though the speed dating thing didn't work for Abby, at least we gave it a shot." Christi told the moms.

"You're correct on that." Melissa said.

"She said that a lot of guys may come and go, but the only guy that she needs in her life is her son, Spencer." Holly added.

"That was really sweet of Abby to say that." Kelly commented.

"It was." Jill agreed. "She sure loves both her kids."

"Like she loves our girls and us, they've said that we're like family to them even though they drive us batty."

"That's true." The moms watched the rehearsals that day and once everything was done for the day, they headed home for the night.

The next day of rehearsals Abby and Spencer were seen heading towards the door that led to the Dancer's Den.

"Come on, everybody. Let's go!" Abby called to the girls, so they could rehearse the group dance, Maddie, Chloe, Brooke, Paige, Nia and Kendall as Mackenzie approached them slowly.