Chapter 18: 2013 ALDC Showcase

It was a new week and the day was June 10th and at the studio, pyramid was done and they were about to talk about what was goint to happen for the week.

"This week, we aren't going to be traveling anywhere and do you know why?" Abby asked everyone. "Because you'll be performing in the annual Abby Lee Dance Company concert and it's gonna be a rough week for all that are involved, you're gonna have quick changes, back to back numbers, so it's different from when we head to a competition."

"And here are the assignments, everyone will be doing a solo with most of you doing old solos." Spencer said, then he turned to Kendall. "Kendall, you'll have a new solo and you know what that means, the pressure is on. You'll be doing a routine named Storm and we need you totally focused on the task at hand."

Kendall nodded, but Jill was glaring, she wanted Kendall to do an old solo and Abby and Spencer having her daughter do a new solo is not what she wanted because she feels that it would make her uncomfortable.

"Also, we'll be doing something different. Brooke, you will be doing a live performance of your hit song Summer Love Song as another lucky treat, Spencer is going to perform his rap called Just Can't Stop Rockin live." Abby announced as everyone clapped for Spencer and Brooke. "Also, the group dance for the recital is called Contagious and in case we forgot, you'll be doing a photoshoot for the Dance Track magazine and it's the first time the magazine has interviewed kids and one of you will be chosen to be on the cover. All right, spread apart and moms, you're dismissed."

As the rehearsals were beginning, the moms were talking.

"I want to make sure i'm not going off my rocker or anything." Jill said. "But do you agree with the things i said to Abby and Spencer at Pyramid?"

"For once, no." Kelly responded.

"She always says everyone is great except for Kendall."

"Well, sometimes, you've got to let it be and let Abby and Spencer do what they do best." Christi commented.

"Yeah." Melissa and Kristie both stated.

"They say that Kendall is terrible except for the other seven, they have had nothing nice to say about my daughter since the day we got here." Jill lamented. "And i don't get why they are giving her a new solo either."

"You know them, they'll throw a challenge to one of our girls." Holly said.

"Those two know what they're doing." Kristie added. "What do you think of Brooke performing her song and Spencer performing his rap at the recital?"

"They'll both do fantastic." Kelly answered.

"To be honest, i cannot sit back and let Abby and her son say mean things to my kid, if i just sit back and let it be, then that means i'm giving them power." Jill said.

"Better to give them power then to make a fool of our daughters and ourselves." Christi told her.

"Jill's kind of taking it personally that Kendall has to learn new choreography." Melissa stated. "She needs to be appreciative because this is a fantastic oppourtunity for Kendall because she's learning a new solo."

"You know it and Kendall won't get any oppourtunites like that if Jill doesn't stop her complaining." Holly agreed as Jill wasn't happy with what she was hearing, they were expecting her to just let it go and let Kendall do the solo, and in her mind, doing that means Abby and Spencer would win.

"Look, a recital is about doing past dances that you've already done." Jill told them.

"It doesn't hurt to learn something new for a recital for a change." Kelly said. "Abby told me that Spencer even did a new solo for a ALDC recital in 2002 and he did it without complaint."