Chapter 20: Standoff

That monday at the studio, Abby, Gianna, Jennine, Rachael and James were all doing some paperwork as Spencer was seen arriving as he pulled into his parking space and he was beaming with a huge grin on his face, he got out of his vehicle and walked into the studio.

"Someone's really happy today." Abby said, seeing her son with a grin on his face.

"What's happening?" Gianna wondered.

"The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup last night!" Spencer answered.

"What?!" Jennine exclaimed in surprise. "They won the cup?!"

"Are you serious, dude?" James wondered. "Because when i went to bed, the Bruins were winning by the score of 2 to 1."

"I was asleep with five minutes left in the game." Rachael added.

"I'm serious, i saw the whole thing and here's how it went, the Blackhawks were down and the game was nearing it's end, then Bryan Bickell with 1:16 left in the third quarter scored, which tied the game and it looked like it was gonna go to overtime, but then 17 seconds later, Dave Bolland scored and the Blackhawks kept the Bruins from scoring and when Patrick Kane knocked the puck past the empty goal, that sealed it and the Blackhawks won the cup." Spencer explained.

"That's great to hear!" Abby exclaimed, she was happy the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. "Who knows, they might repeat as Stanley Cup Champions next year."

"That would be awesome, because the NHL has not had a repeat champion since 1998 when the Detroit Red Wings won that year and the year prior." Spencer told them, then they went into Studio A and got ready that week.

In Orlando, where Xpression dance was being held at, the girls were onstage doing their group dance and while they were doing that, Jill was seen arriving in the auditorium and following her was Kendall, as Kelly turned around and saw Jill.

"Look who's here." Kelly stated, seeing Jill walk towards them as Abby, Spencer, Gianna and Vivi saw her approaching and as soon as Jill approached a seat, which was in front of Abby, Abby put her purse on the seat.

"I'm supposed to sit there." Jill told them.

"Jill, you are no longer a member of mom's studio." Spencer told her. "And we aren't moving."

"I can stand here all day until you two give in." Jill retorted.

"Really?" Abby rolled her eyes, she like her son was very annoyed and even Vivi, Gianna and the moms were annoyed as well.

"I'll climb over a seat and i don't care if i'm in a dress."

"Well the dress you're wearing make you look like a cheap hooker, Jill." Spencer commented, which made Abby, Gianna and the moms laugh.

"Good one, Spence." Gianna laughed as the girls completed their group dance.

It was awards and everyone who competed was onstage and they were all dancing to the song "Play At Your Own Risk" by Planet Patrol and the moms were dancing, then Asia looked over at her mom, who then got up and began to dance as everybody was enjoying the dance battle between Kristie and Asia, then Asia turned to Spencer as tho say bring it on and he began dancing, which meant the dance battle shifted from Kristie and Asia to Spencer and Asia as Asia danced and once she did that, she looked over at him.

"Show her who's the boss, Spencer!" Abby told her son, then Spencer, got up from his chair began to break it down by doing some breakdancing and even Asia was grinning seeing Spencer break it down.

"Go Spencer! Go Spencer!" The crowd chanted as Spencer did several breakdancing moves and then he ended it with a perfect split as the crowd and the dancers on the stage went nuts cheering for him, in the mini soloist division, Asia got first, Brooke got third in the teen soloist division, Maddie got first in the junior soloist division and the group got fourth.

"Mom, i don't know what's worse." Spencer griped to Abby. "Getting fourth place or having a standoff with Jill?"

"Getting fourth was bad, but Jill crashing the competition was worse." Abby told him.

"I think Jill had something to do with us getting fourth." Vivi predicted.

"You may be right, Vivi." Gianna stated and backstage, the moms including Jill were backstage.

"This is Payton's second week with the team now." Kelly said.

"Not on the team, with the team as Kelly just said." Christi added as Leslie was looking on and Jill was glaring at her. "just saying."

"It is very difficult coming into you ladies, you've got this pack and it is known, you have run off a few people off including me a few times." Leslie stated.

"Whenever you are here, Kelly isn't here and you're now here because i'm not here and that is the reason you're replacing Kendall." Jill told Leslie.

"Why be here, then?"

"I'm a part of this team and my daughter is a part of the team and whether Abby and that hippie she calls a son like it or not." Jill retorted.

"You wouldn't like me on this team, because i'd do everything for my kid. I will not hurt your kid, but if Payton gets and opportunity, i'm taking it."

"We aren't just raising dancers, we're also raising people." Holly said. "I'd rather be who i am and be not a success on Broadway, because i can look myself in the mirror rather dance on a stage."

"Here's some advice, when an opportunity comes, you'd better take advantage of it." Leslie advised.

"What kid are you raising?" Holly asked.

"I want this for my daughter." Leslie answered.

"Shame on you!"

"I'm tired of this debate and if Asia doesn't get a solo, i'll leave and take the next opportunity and work in Los Angeles." Kristie stated as she got up and exited, then everyone left and headed home.

The next week, Melissa and Christi both visited Abby and Spencer as they were caring for Maryen, who was suffering from Stage IV colon cancer and as they were doing that, Gianna brought Vivi to the studio and Jill snuck Kendall into the studio and at the competition that Gianna and Vivi took them to, when talking to Abby and Spencer on the phone, one of the moms asked when they were coming back and for an answer, they said when Kendall got the h-e-double hockey sticks out of the studio, which made Kendall cry and none of the moms or girls came to her defense which made Jill mad. Then the following week, as Abby and Spencer went to judge a competition, Jill tried to coerce Gianna into choreographing a solo for Kendall, but Gianna steadfastily refused and told Abby about it, Abby and her son were happy Gianna held her ground against Jill.