Chapter 7: Facing The Replacements

Two weeks later, Abby and Gianna were doing some research as Vivi was in another Studio room helping a tap class, they had competed in Greensboro at Dance Troupe, the girls got first in their group, Paige got third in her solo, Mackenzie got first in her solo and the duet by Nia and Kendall got first. Things between the Hylands and Millers improved a lot in just two weeks since they came to an understanding, also Sophia wasn't there the week prior because she booked a oppourtunity in Los Angeles and Jackie let them know that they won't be able to be there this week as Spencer came into the studio.

"Hey, Mom, Gia, i got a phone call from the Dance Troupe competition before i left my house." Spencer informed his mother and girlfriend.

"What's happening?" Gianna wondered.

"What did they want?" Abby also asked.

"They informed me that there was an issue, the duet that Nia and Kendall got didn't come in first place because of an error, the duet actually came in second place and gave us the incorrect award." Spencer told them.

Abby was not happy to hear the duet by Nia and Kendall wasn't signaled to Gianna to correct what was originally wrote and they both sulked from what they heard from Spencer.

"Thanks for letting us know, Spence." Gianna told her boyfriend.

"Anytime and it's like what mom always says, Second is the first to lose."

"And that's a fact." Abby said, then Spencer went into Studio A and adjusted the pyramid, then minutes later after the girls and moms arrived, Abby and Spencer walked in.

"Well, once again, we're not very happy." Spencer stated. "When we left the competition, everyone was telling us on how amazing you all were, big winners, nothing blew me or mom away. For those of you who don't know, Nia and Kendall's duet didn't win whatsoever because of a mathmetical error."

Jill and Holly didn't look happy after hearing that and Kendall and Nia felt down.

"Spencer came in and let me know about it." Abby added. "That means the duet came in second place and we know what second is. Greensboro, which we thought was a huge success, actually turned out to be a huge letdown. We watched the group routine, the dancing was superb and somewhat horrendous."

Spencer turned to Kendall. "Who's place did you take, Kendall?"

"Sophia's." Kendall answered.

"If she was here, it would have been a different story and remember this, every single one of you, when you are in here rehearsing for competitions and you keep messing up, you don't need us to stand there and point out every one of the mistakes!" Abby shouted. "Can't you see it?"

Spencer revealed the first photo on the pyramid, which was Kendall's headshot. "Kendall...you worked your way up to the pyramid but now you're right back to where you began."

"Next...Nia." Abby stated, revealing Nia's photo. "We've said it before, it's all about the team, one for all and all for one, Kendall is there and you went with her."

Jill and Holly rolled their eyes.

The next photo to be revealed. "Brooke, you were all right and we know you're improving, but the legs still need some work."

"Moving to the middle..." Abby said, before revealing that Paige's headshot was next. "Paige, you placed in the top five, we'll give you that because that is a improvement."

"Next..." Spencer stated. "Chloe, you stood out in the group dance even though it wasn't fabulous."

"And on the top of the pyramid is Mackenzie." Abby announced as she revealed Mackenzie's headshot and everyone applauded with Melissa beaming as Mackenzie was smiling, she got hugs from the girls. "It looks like you bumped your sister right down on the pyramid and guess what? You're back in the group routine and if you could go up against nine year old dancers and win, then you can dance with a nine year old."