Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. Everything in here belongs to Marvel. Any OC added will be made known that they are mine. Other than that it belongs to Marvel.

Chapter 8: Gamora

Gamora woke up in the soul stone. She already knew what happened though. Thanos killed her. That wasn't love. He only loved his goal. He never cared for his 'children'. Just kidnapped them and used them as his personal puppets. This wasn't love. This wasn't family. She experienced, for the first time, what family truly was. Her true family were her team. They were the Guardians of the Galaxy. Family in everything but blood. Everyone on the team knew it, felt it, just never said it out loud. That was until Drax told Nebula that they weren't friends, they were family.

Looking around, she saw a pavilion. The same one on her home plant, Zen-Whoberi. Walking over to it and stood under it. Gamora surveyed the soul stone. Endless orange. Water like floor. Definitely the soul stone. Which only means that Thanos got the stone. After sacrificing... Gamora sighed and looked down in anger. Angry that she didn't fight harder. Angry that she showed Thanos the soul stone. She's not angry that she stopped him from hurting Nebula. Just angry that she wasn't fast enough in thinking of a better plan, wasn't fast enough to get away.

Gamora just sighed and leaned back in on of the pavilion's pillars, and closed her eyes. She didn't know how long she was there but she suddenly felt a new presence. She opened her eyes only to find that she wasn't leaning on the pillar but facing the other direction... in her body body but as a young child. She suddenly felt the presence behind her. Turning around she saw her kidnapper, Thanos.

"Daughter?"

"Did you do it?" She asked looking at him.

"Yes."

"What did it cost?"

"Everything." He answered, not looking at Gamora.

Suddenly her eyes flew open and she found herself back in her body, still leaning on the pillar. 'So he finally accomplished his goal.' She thought. She was glaring at the water like floors. She slid down the pillar until she was sitting on the ground. Leaning her head back and closed her eyes.

However she had a feeling like she was being watched. Opening her eyes and looked straight ahead, she saw someone standing there in the horizon, watching her. When she didn't move, the figure started walking towards her. When he was close he asked:

"Are you a guardian?" The guy asked. Gamora looked him over. He was in a spider like suit? That's when she realized what he asked.

"A guardian?" Gamora cautiously asked. Something inside her hoped that he was talking about the other Guardians of the Galaxy.

He nodded, "Yes, are you apart of the Guardians of the Galaxy?" He asked again. "Cause if you are, then you know who Quill is? Mantis? Drax? Groot?"

Gamora stood up from where she was sitting and fully looked at him. "You know where they are?"

He nodded.

"Show me."

He started to walk away and Gamora closely followed. He didn't speak and neither did she. He just silently led while she silently followed. Gamora observed her surroundings, took note off the changes that occurred. Like how day and night works, or how eating, drinking, and sleeping weren't a thing.

Moments later, the spider guy stopped. She walked over, hands clasped behind her back, and stood beside him. Gamora was about to asked what happened when suddenly he lifted his hand and pointed at something in front of them. Gamora followed his finger and found that he was pointing at a group of people. Squinting, she realized that among the people, were the other guardians.

When she turned to look at the spider guy, who was supposed to be standing right beside her, only to find that he was gone. After looking around to confirm that he actually disappeared, she started to walk towards the group. As she got closer she caught on to the last part of their conversation.

"-o answers. How are we gonna solve anything?" A man with a metal arm asked.

"Maybe I can help." Gamora states. This caused everyone to look in her direction.

"Gamora?" Quill whispered, slowly standing up.

"Peter." She nodded at him.

"I am Groot!" Groot called and ran up and hugged her.

"Hey Groot." She smiled, hugging back the young tree.

"Drax. Mantis." She acknowledged the two. Mantis waved and Drax grunted, "Where's Rocket? Or is he not here."

"We are assuming that Rocket is not here inside the stone with us." Mantis answered.

"Meaning he is the last Guardian left on Terra."

"Terra?"

"I believe you Terran's call it Earth."

"Oh."

"Wait, your sister said that Thanos killed you... does... does that mean that, we're dead too?" Quill stuttered.

"No. You are not... dead. At least not fully dead. You are just non-existent. When you were snapped away, your soul need to be placed somewhere. That's where the soul stone came in. It 'collected' all the snapped souls and placed them inside of here." Gamora stated.

"Does that mean we can get back?" Bucky asked.

"Yes." Gamora nodded.

"How?" This time it was Sam.

"They have to break the soul stone. Then you will be released from the stone." She explained. (AN: I know this isn't what happened but trust me!)

"Wait, will you be set free?" Shuri looked at Gamora.

"No, I was killed. Not snapped out of existence."

Everyone was silent. Taking in the new information given by Gamora. The Guardians all looked upset. It was silent, that you could hear crickets. If there were even crickets inside the soul stone. After a moment of silence, Hope broke it by asking,

"Do you think there's other heroes in here? Or family members?"

"I believe the only person with that knowledge is Spider-Man." T'Challa pointed out.

"And unfortunately, I don't think he'll be willing to come talk to us any time soon." Sam continues.

"Seeing as he never come close enough to speak with him, and always deflects questions away. Refusing to answer." Shuri finishes.

"Bold of you to assume that I won't answer any of your questions Princess."

~~~~~

I feel like this chapter is rushed. What do you think? Anyway, we are almost done with book 1! I think there are two or three more chapters. Then book 2 comes out in late July or early August.

Anyway Byeee!