Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sister Nora lead us under the convent a place Sarah and I had never been before. I looked around curiously trying to take in every detail of this passageway under the convent I had lived my whole life.

"Your mother came here a few months before she gave birth to you two as you know. However, what you didn't know was the journals she left behind and her grimoires"

"Are you saying she was a witch? Why did you never tell us this as children?" Sarah said.

"Before your mother passed she told me many things of what would become of you both and she hoped that if you never knew you would never be effected by the fate that was written for you, but I told her you can't escape fate. Your mother though once she had an idea in her head that was is, she was so head strong and driven much like you Katherine" I smiled the idea of knowing I was like my mother made something deep inside me swell with happiness.

"I had kept her secrets because she believed it was what was best for both of you. David's sudden appearance worries me, he may be your father, but I promise you he is only worried about his own self need. You mother loved him fiercely and the day she showed up on our steps I could see in her face she was a broken woman, but she had to make a decision that was best for her daughters." Sarah and I set still barely breathing as we took in Nora's words

"Your mother was born a werewolf, but she was also a healer she was gifted with not only the magic to shift into a were but also to cast spells. It is extremely rare to have these abilities and why only few packs are fortunate enough to have someone like her. Your mother met when he was dying. He had contracted a rare virus that killed away a lot of vampires and your mother's instinct to heal too over and she healed him but in doing so she restored his humanity thus what we assumed gave him the ability to reproduce. Do not get me wrong they were in love, deeply. Your father had heard of a prophecy with a werewolf with the abilities of the Lunar goddess would fall in love with a dead man that had been gifted a second chance at life and they would conceive twins, you and Sarah." She said nodding to both of us.

"The prophecy says that the twin would be born at the height of a lunar eclipse and both would be gifted. Your souls would forever be intertwined but one is salvation and one would be destruction."

"So, what your saying is one of us is going to what end the world?" Sarah said as if not believing what Sister Nora was saying.

"No not the world this is a just a supernatural prophecy one of you will use your gifts to take destroy all of werewolf kind. The werewolves are the only supernatural race that keep the vampires from making humans just blood bags essentially. Without the wolf's protection were a lost race and your mother realized that and that's when she placed the spell. She wanted to ensure you are Sarah never involved yourself with werewolves or tell anyone what you really were. She hoped that your father would never find you."

"This is what the dreams are about?" I said looking at Sarah shocked. I really wasn't sure what I was feeling hurt, betrayal, understanding. Nothing made sense to me anymore my life and been kept under lock and key by my own mother. I understand why she did it, but I also hurt at the thought she put other before her own children, but I knew if I was it that same position, I would do the same thing.

"Katherine, Sarah I know this is a lot to give you at once and I should have told you sooner, but I also thought you would be able to lead as normal a life as possible. I love you both like my own and I want you both to know that, but the prophecy is dated for the next lunar eclipse which is your 25 birthdays." She said this regretfully looking down at the floor.

"Sister Nora what's wrong?" I asked moving closer to her.

"I'm sorry Katherine but I can't let either of you go, the fate of two races lay in my hands and I most follow through on your mothers' instructions."

I looked at her for a moment confused before realization set in. The door we came though slammed shut. At Sarah's scream I whirled around only to find her trying to fight off a Nun I had not seen before.

"What are you doing, we haven't done anything. Leave her alone!" I screamed looking back and fourth between the woman that held my sister and Nora.

"Now that you know the truth the spell you mother worked will unravel your powers from parents will surface and one of you could end us all. We cannot let you go; I am so sorry Katherine but neither of you will leave this room." I panicked my mind racing, I seen the knife at Sarah's stomach and my wolf took over. My body did not transition but I felt her come to the surface, if I looked at my eyes, I knew they would a bright golden brown. One second, I was standing across the table from my sister and the next I was on the other side holding the woman hand. She investigated my face and my wolf let out a growl before crushing her hand.

Her scream would forever be stored in my mind, had never heard anything like it before. I saw the knife falling to the ground before it could hit Sarah caught it and charged at Nora.

"SARA NO!" My wolf grunted out, but it was too late. Sarah had shoved the blade deep in Nora's belly. Nora's body crumpled to the floor; my wolf fell dormant allowing me to fully return into myself. Running to Nora I lifted her into my arms. Tears soaked my face; sobs wracked my body. I turned to look up at Sarah and she starred back at me eyes completely black. She turned and walked to the door, she glanced back at me before ripping the door off its hinges and walking out.

I was left the floor sobbing holding the only mother I had ever had as she laid dying." Nora I'm sorry" I choked out through the sobs.

"It's not your fault you were born.... the way you were, but.... you must stop her promise me you will.... stop her." She said chocking on the blood pooling in her mouth.

"Nora I can't she's my sister."

"Promise me" I looked down at her face blood covering the bottom portion of her face. This woman raised me she made me who I am today them was a reason why she had always made me look after Sarah." You always new she was the one that would destroy everything." I said shocked.

"Your mother," she coughed more blood "Told me at birth" She was wheezing now.

"Promise me... Katherine." I ran my hand down her face.

"Ipromise" And I watched the light leave her eyes.