Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The magic that swirled around the girl sucked the life from the earth. Every piece of grass, every flower started to wilt and die, the life force being sucked away as her strength grew. I could feel myself enjoying the power the very essence of life being taken away. Flowing through my veins, slipping in and out. Magic was everywhere the air thick with its moisture. I see the wolves coming trying the stop the girl to stop the magic she cast out, but the closer they came the more her power grew. The wolves pushed closer trying to circle her to attack and bring her down. I wanted to scream I wanted to tell them to stop to get away, but it was too late. The wolves started falling one by one the girl was pulling the magic from the wolves draining their life away. I watched as every wolf fell to the ground forceable shifting back into human form. They all lay on the ground life leaving their faces, the last wolf to fall looked up at me his chocolate brown eyes burning into my soul.

"Why are you doing this Katherine?"

I woke covered in a cold sweat heart beating out of my chest. Never had the dreams been so vivid, I could feel everything that was new. Seeing Brent's face was new but knowing that I was going to kill him made it even more of a reason to stay away.

"Did you see it too?" Sarah said from the corner making me jump out of my skin. It was very rare anyone scared me I really was not myself after these dreams.

"Sarah you know better than to sneak up on me like that." I said trying to gain my composure.

"Did you see it? Did you see what you did?" Sarah asked looking at me nervously. I sighed heavily "Yes, I saw it but it's just a dream it doesn't have to come tr..."

"He was there your mate; he was never there before. What do you think is means?" I kicked the remaining blankets off me a little too aggressively "I don't know Sarah I saw what you saw that's all I know. If I avoid this guy maybe, we can avoid this all together." I noticed Sarah starting to shake a little and sighed got up and crossed the room.

"Sarah, we made its 24 years in this world and so far, we have managed to diver and prophecy from happening. Just because a couple old nuns told us were cursed doesn't mean it's true. Please just go back to bed and try to calm down." I said wrapping her up in a hugged. She squeezed me tightly and whispered, "I love you, bug." Before releasing me and heading back down the hall.

I fall back onto my bed hands covering my face. I just wish this would stop for Sarah sake she is too sensitive to handle this for much longer. I rubbed my hands on my face sighed and pulled myself back out of bed to go shower. It was five in the morning and the girl in the mirror staring back at me I didn't even recognize. My usual vibrant crystal blue eyes were always lifeless after the dreams. The bags under my eyes also did not help at all. Sarah and I were not identical, but we looked pretty much the same. She was a little more endowed in the chest area than was and her hair was brown were mine was blonde. We were born moments apart Sarah behind me by .56 seconds. Our mother didn't make it through the birth and we never knew who our father was. We were raised in a convent and when we finally left the nuns behind, we tried to be around other wolves, but we never truly fit in with them thus leading us to the life we live now. I went back to examining myself my long legs desperately needed to be shaved talk about wolfing out. My body felt heavy to move and my wolf was begging to be released for a night. Stepping into the shower I considered what it would be like with my mate, what a life without Sarah would be like. I shook my head a life without Sarah wasn't an option.

When I finally got myself together, I headed for the stairs. I could smell that Sarah was cooking up her famous fresh toast my mouth was already watering. Bouncing into the kitchen Sarah looked at me grimly.