Catch and Release

Hamish grabbed my wrist forcefully, all sense of kindness was devoid from his eyes. "Hamish, that hurts, what are you doing? Where are we going?" he stopped and looked at me. He didn't have to say a word. I knew to shut up and stop asking questions. He continued to drag me along, his friends close behind us, having a heated conversation. I couldn't hear any of it though. Not until half an hour later when we approached a old house in the middle of the woods. This was some Horror movie shit. I didn't know their intentions and I hadn't learned any spells to help if they planned to hurt me. Then the girl spoke to Hamish.

"Why don't we just kill her and move on. She is obviously one of them. I don't understand why we have to bring her he-"

"Because I'm the damn leader and what I say goes." Hamish turned towards her sharply, causing his grip to tighten, until he slung me on a bean bag chair. There it was. The girl had said it. She at least wanted me dead. Randall sighed and moved towards me and I flinched, backing my self as close to the wall as possible.

"You heard Hamster. We aren't gonna hurt you yet." Randall placed his hands out in an attempt to not seem threatening. He moved towards me and I grabbed the sharpest thing I could. A fucking pencil. I held it above my hand and stared into his eyes. "Don't take another step towards me." I gripped the pencil tightly as if it would fall out of my hands.

Randall sighed and looked back at Hamish and the girl. They were setting up a cup pong game, although they hadn't stopped arguing while doing so. Randall turned back to me. "put down the pencil or I'm gonna have to do something I don't want to do"

"Try me psycho!" I shouted and his eyes flashed, turning a white color. He turned his neck and I could see the veins in his neck grow. Claws grew from his nails and hair sprouted from his skin. I scrambled to my feet and fled. Hamish and the girl were by the door, so I couldn't go there. I simply just kept running. The path took me downstairs and into a room filled with boxes. I could hear the three of them rush after me, their footsteps getting closer. I took refuge in a corner of the room. I could hear the beating. Wait. Not from them. But from one of the boxes. It shook violently, falling from its pedestal in front of me. Hamish and the rest watched from the other side of the box.

"No fucking way!" the girl groaned. "What's in the box?" I kicked the box further from me. The box swung open releasing a bundle of dark fur towards me. I screamed feeling it contort and twist around me. I couldn't see much but I did seen Hamish before everything went dark. My arm reached towards him as I screamed.

The next thing I remember I was in a bed back at that house. Hamish had a cloth and was rubbing it against my forehead. I rubbed my face and Hamish grimaced. I looked down at my hands and seen blood. I sat up in the bed suddenly. "What happened? Who's blood is this? What was that thing in the box?" I franticly asked questions on top of questions. Hamish answered all of them.

"A lot happened and its normal for you not to remember your first turning. The blood isn't yours. It's...someone else's blood...the uh...the thing in the box was Alpha's hide. Alpha chose you to be its champion." Hamish continued to wipe the blood away from my face. "Hide?" I asked then it hit me. I read about werewolves. How the hide choses someone to become their champion and how they hear magic. "No. I am not joining one of your anti-magic cults. You'll have to find someone else." I pushed his hand away and climbed out of the bed, then I noticed what I was wearing, or rather what I wasn't wearing and quickly sat back down, covering bottom half with the blanket.

I was dressed only in an oversized Belgrave University shirt that stopped mid thigh. "Where are my pants?" I glared and he rubbed the back of his neck. "They were destroyed when you turned. Lilith isn't your size. She's in town getting you some clothes now. Until then I let you wear my shirt." he stood and walked towards the door. "Hamish! Who found me?...and who changed me?"

He stopped by the door and looked back. "Don't worry. When I found you it was dark and I called Lilith. You should get some rest. The ringing is normal, so don't freak out if you hear it. You also might turn so I'll send Randall in to watch you."

"This was your plan wasn't it. You didn't want to kill me...so you made me into one of your monsters."

He stopped again. His eyes were filled with something indescribable. His fists were clenched and he quickly made his way back towards me. "You were chosen. You're one of the monsters now too. There is no changing back." I got up meeting his gaze and not backing down. "I'm not scared of you, and even if you can't find a way to reverse it doesn't mean that magic doesn't have a way." I pushed him and ran downstairs. This time Hamish didn't follow me. Neither Randall or Lilith were in the house either. It was too easy for me to make it to the Temple.

"Magus! Help!" I rushed into her room, the door flying open. Vera sat at her desk reading. "Yes, Miss (Y/L/N)?" she asked her eyes not leaving the book. "There were these people and they took me to this house. There were boxes. They have hides! They were werewolves!" she closed her book and flung her hand to shut the door.

She stood and circled me. "You're sure?" she asked and I nodded. "Yes! One of the hides, it went inside me. I think it made me one of them. Vera! Is there a way to reverse this?" she thought for a moment and with a wave of her hand I was flown against the wall.