Chapter 12:『Chen Jian』

"I was sleeping on a tree earlier and unexpectedly fell. I'm also hungry that was why..."

"Why are following me." Yun Xie did not use a questioning tone but said in a flat tone instead, cutting the guy off. They had introduced themselves after the fight and she never once imagined that she would meet Chen Jian so early.

Yun Xie thought that she would be the one who will go to him someday to at least warn him about the apocalypse.

"I lost. I don't know where to go so maybe you..."

He was cut again by Yun Xie who flatly said, "Follow me, then."

While walking, Chen Jian walked side by side with Yun Xie and was keeping bushes on the side wherever Yun Xie was heading to with her wooden sword. On the other side, Yun Xie kept replaying the scene in her mind where back on the apocalypse, this guy saved her.

She was supposed to be the one being eaten and not him. Though not knowing each other, he was willing to give his life for a 'pretty lady'. 

Suddenly, she had the urge to study him right now. Looking at him who was seriously cleaning the way for her but has lots of more huge branches sticking out on his path, made an impression on Yun Xie.

He has this light orange hair that made him look bright and sunny, paired with his fair skin. He has a manly aura around him that with his bruised look, he was suddenly found a bit frightening, like a gangster.

He was good-looking overall. But Yun Xie cannot insist that he was more beautiful than her fiancé.

Finally, they reached a fence who was keeping the forest prohibited from civilians. Yes, it was prohibited and so Yun Xie only sneaked. She was weirded enough to find Chen Jian inside.

"Thank you, Xiexie!" Calling with nicknames? Yun Xie suddenly found it interesting. For someone who saved her in her last life, she accepted it.

And in turn, Yun Xie replied. "Welcome, Jiange." Using a cheerful tone and a cheerful smile that stunned Chen Jian, his heart skipping a beat. "You have your own car, right?" Yun Xie did not mind treating Chen Jian as her gege just to have a close relationship with him. She still needs to insist that he needs to learn how to pick up swords and guns.

"Do you have your own?" Ask Chen Jian who was following Yun Xie's line of sight. Expectedly, it landed on a pink car parked not too far away from them. "Can you give me a ride?" He did not care about the thickness of his face, he just wants to spend time with this girl.

It was unexpected to find a stranger who he is comfortable with. He was never a person with a good temperament, only to his parents and his sister who was a year younger than him.

"Oh? You should just drive. I will drive back when you reach your house." Inside, Yun Xie was interested to see where this guy lives.

She has decided that after dropping Chen Jian, she would be heading to her garage to store her supplies. 

"Sure." He answered. On his phone, he was texting his family to wait for him outside. The text he sent in a group chat who had four people, he and his family, was 'I will show you the girl who had stolen my heart, mom, dad, sis!'