Chapter Six: 『 Culinary Arts Learned! 』

Inside the modern kitchen, two people were currently discussing. One elegant and one pig– chef.

"After preparing all the ingredients needed, you have to prepare the materials next. Then you can cook smoothly." With 'clink' and 'clanks', the non-stick pans and knives being put into place are creating noisy sounds. "I am going to cook..."

Chef Zhang's voice faded as Yun Xie's focus wasn't on her(CZ), and was instead on a rectangular translucent blue box in front of her(YX) with white letters inside. Saying, 「Culinary Arts [Main Skill] Learned! Cooking Skill [Sub Skill] Learned!」

Hey, hey, hey! What is the meaning of this? What 'learned' is this thing saying? Yun Xie massaged her temples as it was going numb.

Another rectangular box appeared, within it are white letters saying, 「Due to learning Culinary Arts, Cooking Skill will have +5 deliciousness」

And then another one appeared. 「Cooking Skill • Beginner • 0/100Exp」

Before Yun Xie realizes it, another icon popped out in a certain corner of her eye sight. It was still a blue tranlucent square but with a different drawing inside. The drawing symbolizes an open book.

"Congratulations for learning Culinary Arts and unlocking the skill book icon, Mistress!" A familiar robotic voice woke Yun Xie from being dazed. And then a pig-like voice followed, "Young Lady Yun? Can the Young Lady still follow my steps?"

"You continue." Yun Xie's calm but cold voice responded, making the earlier proud chef to silently continue cooking.

Inside her mind, Yun Xie was already talking to her System. "What is this Skill Book you're talking about?"

"Inside the Skill Book, Mistress can find all the skills she* currently has. Additional information, a skill sometimes form skill trees due to its sub skills. For example, Mistress' Culinary Arts is a main skill while the Cooking Skill is its sub skill. Culinary Arts still has many other sub skills Mistress can learn later on, so it will form a skill tree."

(*The System is still referring to Yun Xie but in a Third Person's Point of View)

Chef Zhang saw Yun Xie nodding while staring at what she(CZ) was cooking. Proudly smiling, Chef Zhang continued cooking and blabbing, not knowing that Yun Xie was actually listening to the explanation of an unknown System.

"Young Lady Yun, this is–" Not finishing Chef Zhang's sentence, Yun Xie cut her off.

"Go out. I'm going to cook. And ask some maids to buy many ingredients." After pushing Chef Zhang out of the kitchen, Yun Xie immediately washed her hands clean. It was a safety measure to prevent herself from catching a cabbage virus.

Standing in front of different kinds of meats and vegetables, Yun Xie decided to just cook the Kung Pao Chicken chef Zhang just made earlier. It was the only cuisine she knew since this is the first time she stepped inside their kitchen.

Slicing the chicken meat, blue translucent rectangular boxes again appeared in front of Yun Xie.

「Slicing Skill [Culinary Arts sub skill] learned!」

「Slicing Skill • Beginner • 0/100 Exp」

Yun Xie was again surprised and was not able to react for a few seconds. She then called the System inside her mind. "What is this Slicing Skill? Isn't it just Slicing?" Yun Xie confusedly asked.

"Slicing Skill can help Mistress properly slice the ingredients into the right places so as to not damage them. By damaging the ingredients, the food's taste will also differ and the deliciousness percentage would decrease by half. Thus, it plays a big part in Culinary Arts. Slicing Skill can also help Mistress be faster or be the fastest in the world if it will reach the Expert stage with 1500/1500 experience points."

Understanding the infos given by her System, Yun Xie let it go back to hibernation. She then continued slicing the meat. While slicing, Yun Xie felt as if her own hands just moved on their own. She was then shocked after seeing numbers popping out and disappearing of her sight.

+5 Exp

After the first slice, a rectangular box appeared in mid-air again. 「Due to learning Culinary Arts, Slicing Skill will have +5 efficiency」

+5 Exp

+5 Exp

Every slice was equivalent to 5 Exp. After slicing a few more, Yun Xie felt that she has gradually become better in slicing.

After slicing the whole chicken, in a few minutes, the rectangular box then again appeared in front of her. It was still the same as before, blue and seemingly floating steadily in the air.

「Slicing Skill • Beginner • 55/100 Exp」

After slicing a certain amount of the other ingredients, the box popped out again. 「Slicing Skill • Intermediate • 0/500」

Yun Xie was now getting used to the popping blue translucent rectangular box, so after reading what was inside, she did not care about it anymore. The box then faded away after a certain amount of time. Continuing slicing, Yun Xie also did not care about the numbers flying in front of her face anymore.

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

Finishing slicing all the needed ingredients, the box popped out. 「Slicing Skill • Intermediate • 101/500 Exp」

Yun Xie then started cooking.

+5 Exp

+5 Exp

+5 Exp

The numbers flying in front of Yun Xie was endless. Sometimes she was getting irritated, but thinking of mastering cooking, her irritation quickly disperses. Finishing the Kung Pao Chicken, a box then again popped out after a certain amount of time waiting.

「Cooking Skill • Intermediate • 33/500 Exp」

"Young Lady Yun, here are different ingredients freshly bought in the market." Putting the ingredients on the counter, Chef Zhang eyed the Kung Pao Chicken Yun Xie made. "My, my! I didn't know that Young Lady Yun was a fast learner! Look at this cuisine! It is already comparable to a chef's!"

Calmly responding, Yun Xie stated while beginning to wash the ingredients needed to make Kung Pao Chicken. "Let the food we cooked be eaten by the mansion's maids and butlers. I'm going to make more."

After driving Chef Zhang outside the kitchen, Yun Xie started mad-cooking and countless numbers flying can be seen by Yun Xie again.

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

「Slicing Skill • Intermediate • 403/500 Exp」

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

+3 Exp

「Cooking Skill • Intermediate • 398/500 Exp」