17

2 months without Amria

I feel arms wrap around me from behind me before I have see who the belong to, but I know they are Travis's. "Good morning, Katie," He says and kisses my cheek.

"Good morning," I smile and lean back into his chest.

"You got up before I did," he muses.

"I know, I just wanted to do something nice for you and the boys."

Travis leans over my shoulder and looks at the pancake batter and the stack already made. "Smells good, my love."

"Thank you."

He kisses my cheek again before making two plates and setting them at the table. "I'll go tell the boys that breakfast is ready," he says before going back upstairs.

Soon Oleander and Samuel are seated at the table eating breakfast. I finish the last stack before plating some for Travis and I. Our family eats in silence, a single empty chair is left open.

"I miss her," Oleander sighs.

"I miss Amria too," Samuel agrees.

"We all miss Amria, boys," Travis says, "We just have to keep looking.

"Have you heard anything about where she is?"

"Last I heard, Annabeth and Piper have told mortal policemen that she's missing. It's not only a campwide search anymore."

"Have they found anything?"

"Not that they've told me," I say, "But I've only been out of camp a couple of times. And it's difficult to stay in touch with them, especially because they have no idea where camp is. They don't have our address and we can't use technology to contact them."

Oleander's face drops and Samuel, reading Ollie's body language, has tears brimming his eyes.

"I miss her, mommy, I want her to come home."

"I do too, baby boy, but we need to be patient." I say, "Can you be patient for Amria?"

"Yes," Sammy's head nods enthusiastically. "I can, I promise!"

"Good," I say. I repeat the words that have kept me sane over the past two month. "Everything will be alright."

I watch as they all nod and we all finish our breakfast soon after. "Bye, mom," Ollie says as he shoulders his backpack. "I'll come by the shop after school gets out," he tells me.

I smile and nod as my eldest engulfs me in a hug. He gives the crown of my head a soft kiss and then releases me. I watch him as he heads off to his school. I wait for Travis to finish dressing Samuel and walk hand in hand with Sam to the elementary school.

Samuel smiles as he holds both his father's and my hand, lifting his feet off the ground sometimes, so that we can swing him between us. He giggles and amuses himself the whole time we make our way to his class. "Goodbye, mommy," He smiles and kisses my cheek softly. "Goodbye, doodie pants," he says before blowing a raspberry on Travis' cheek, and running into his classroom.

"That boy is something else," Travis shakes his head with a light laugh.

"That boy is just like how you were at his age," I smirk at him, "Funny how life does you like that, huh?"

"Oh shut up, Stoll."

"Oh shut up, Stoll," I mock, and Travis' eyes shift from playful to plotting and I back away from him.