13

21 Days withough Amria

I still feel guilty. But not for enjoying while Amria is missing, but for taking for granted my husband. I feel guilty as I lie naked in his arms, my back to his chest, his skin on mine, his deep even breaths as he sleeps, his strong hold on me, his words to me last night—what we did last night. I feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I think about what we did last night, we haven't done it since Samuel...he has been such an amazing son, but we just had the time.

I hear Travis sigh as he starts to wake up. He kisses my neck and I turn to him and placed my head on his chest. "Good morning, my love," He says.

"I'm sorry," I say.

He frowns and I turn to look up at him, "You're sorry?"

"I know Amria is our daughter. I know you care for me," I tell him, "I'm sorry for taking you for granted and forgetting. I forgot and I was only crying for Amria as if she was only my daughter, but there is no way I could have raised any of our kids on our own, and I want you to know that. I want you to know that I know, and I'm so grateful for everything you have done for me and the kids, our kids."

"I'm sorry for walking out without telling you where I went," He responds after a moment. "I needed to feel like I at least looked for her, but when I walked out of the house I didn't even tell you where I was going. You thought I left you and walked out on you, but I would never do that, Kaite, I would never do that."

He continues. "I'm sorry I was so mad at you for not telling me that Amria went missing as soon as you knew, that I almost slept on the couch that night. I didn't realize until you came down to get me that I might have been upset but I didn't want to loose you too. Even if we kept fighting."

"I don't want to loose you, Travis," I can feel the tears welling in my eyes as I just think of loosing him. "I don't want to loose you, ever."

"You wont," He says, "I'm not walking out, I'm not leaving you."

"And I wont doubt you affection for me ever again."

"We will get through this, I know we will." He leans in to kiss me, "Everything will be okay."

I nod and lean in to let his lips onto mine, "Everything will be okay."

03 may 2019
Short ass chap but that alright, this was an essential part in the story.