Chapter 39- Of Choice and Fate

Hi guys! I'm back with another chapter, one I wrote while on various cups of coffee, lol!

I'm trying my best to upload often since we are nearing the end of this book, so if you catch a few mistakes (which I am sure there are a lot) please cut me some slack! I'm becoming a little impatient with all the excitement of finishing my first full length novel on here!

Thank you to all my readers, I appreciate and love every single one of you!

- Sincerely, this grateful writer <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samantha

"Samantha, wake up!" a voice hisses, making me stir from my sleep.

I respond with a soft, incoherent moan of protest. Ignoring the pestering voice, I roll over in the thick, warm sheets, sliding them up to cover my shoulders.

"Leave me alone," I mumble thickly, "I still have a few more minutes."

"Samantha, wake up! I'm not even supposed to be doing this! I need to show you something before Athena and Apollo get here!" they whisper sharply, shaking me gently.

"No, I'm tired! Lemme sleep just a little-" I murmur again, drifting off to sleep. I'm dozing off into a drool when the person sighs heavily. They briefly leave my side before returning a few seconds later, shaking me once more.

"Samantha wake up, or I swear to Hera I'm going to use this opportunity to choke you," they snap with a hush, sliding a hand around my neck from above the sheets. I immediately sit up, slapping the hand away.

Hecate.

I rub my eyes with balled fists, glaring at her with stinging, red eyes.

"What the fuck do you want?" I bite, throwing the blankets off me in a fury. Hecate smiles sinisterly, walking over to the dresser and picking up a small stack of clothes. She throws them at my face when she approaches me by the bed.

"Hurry up and get dressed," she flashes, rolling up the cuffs of her shirt, "We don't have much time left until Thanatos does his daily rounds of the realm."

"What?" I mutter, scrambling to make sense of her words. The strong, seductive clutches of sleep keep me cemented with disorientation, making it harder for me to become sober. She looks up from her wrists, eyeing me with unusual calculated unease.

"There is something you need to see before training today. And I doubt Thanatos will want to take you," she quips in a hush, gesturing for me to change. I look down to the outfit in my lap, scowling when I lay it out in front of me.

"Nuh-uh, there is no way I'm wearing this," I say with distaste, running my eyes over the plain brown ensemble. The long sleeved shirt looks about two sizes too small -mind you I am not that big to begin with- and the shit colored cargo trousers are way too baggy for my taste.

Hecate frowns, pinning me with an incredulous stare.

"I know you're not telling me you're compromising our safety because you refuse to wear the clothes we have available," she retorts flatly. I return her look with a heated glare.

"Of course I'm refusing! I'm going to look hideous in that!" I counter with disgust. She rolls her eyes, summoning and materializing her weapons. She files their serrated edges against each other, sharpening their already blunt curves.

"I don't care if you like the style, what I care is that you're dressed and ready for us to go."

I shake my head vehemently, pushing the clothes aside and moving to get off the bed- immediately feeling the cold and missing the warmth of the covers. I cast my pillow a longing glance before approaching the dresser across from me, opening and closing its drawers as I search for something cute.