meeting the Waynes

"Tell me again why we had to make a detour at Starbucks?" Conner questioned, eyeing the tray full of caffeinated beverages perched on Dinah's lap.

"Because if you show up to Wayne Manor without coffee Tim might have an aneurism." Black Canary explained, standing up as the bioship landed in camouflage mode next to the sprawling estate. "Come on, we have to meet your charges."

With a huff, the Young Justice squad followed their chaperone off the space craft and towards the front door of the home, stopping for Dinah to ring the doorbell. A moment later the door was opened by an older butler who smiled when he saw the group. "Ah, Ms. Lance, it has been awhile. How are you, my dear?"

"Quite well, Alfred. This is the team that Bruce has hired. We will do introductions when the brothers are present." Dinah smiled back, confusing the team greatly.

"Wait, how does he know you?" Wally cried incredulously.

Alfred smirked. "There is a lot I know, Mr. West. Come, the Masters are gathered in the lower living room." Alfred moved aside to let the team of heroes into the manor, closing the door behind them. He took the lead and led the group through a maze of hallways, stopping outside giant wooden doors. He knocked, announcing his presence and the guests. The door swung open to reveal Bruce Wayne's slightly smiling face.

"Welcome to my home, heroes. These are my children, Dick, Tim, and Damian. Boys, come say hello." Dick was the first one over, doing a front handspring to land next to his father. Tim grunted, dragging himself over to stand next to his older brother and Damian sulked, staying put on the couch. "Damian, don't be rude."

"Father, I still don't understand why Pennyworth has to accompany you on your trip and leave me with Grayson and these heathens." Damian snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because even Alfred needs a break from you, demon spawn." Tim mumbled, taking the tray of coffees from Dinah. "Thanks Ms. Lance, you know me so well."

"Don't mention it, Tim." The team watched in a mix of horror and admiration as Tim downed the first of the four drinks in three gulps, pausing only to smile at the blonde. "Bruce, this is the Young Justice team. Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Superboy. I have already briefed them on the flight over."

"Thank you, Dinah. I cannot stress how much this favor means to me. My boys are my world." Bruce grinned cheesily at his three boys, making the two teenaged ones pretend to vomit.

"Dad, too much. Just go on your trip and take Alfred's cooking with you. Starve us, leave us to wither away." Dick dramatically threw himself in Tim's arms, the thirteen year old barely catching his brother in time.

"Actually, I can cook quite well." M'gann shrugged modestly when all eyes turned to her. "You can call me M'gann or Megan, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Tim dropped his older brother on the floor and shook the Martian's hand with a smile. "You too, M'gann.  Don't mind my brothers, they are a bit screwed in the head."

"Like you're one to talk, Drake." Damian hissed, sneering from his spot on the couch. "I can't believe Mother left me here with you imbeciles."

Dick smirked, jumping up into a handstand and walked over to Damian on his hands. He flipped himself over, landing next to the younger boy on the couch. "You know you love me."

Damian rolled his eyes, muttering under his breath in Arabic.  He looked up at Bruce and Alfred. "Just go on your trip already, we'll be fine. I promise not to maim anyone on purpose."

"At all."  Bruce sighed, nodding at the door for Alfred to go first. Bruce stopped at the door, turning to address his children. "I will see you in a month. Be good. I love you all."

"Love you too, B."

"See ya, dad."

"Farewell, Father."

And like that, it was the team and Dinah with the three Wayne brothers. Black Canary looked over the array of teens before walking towards the door. "I will be checking in on you lot. Be careful." Once it was just the team, the heroes looked at the billionaire's sons who were all exchanging glances between the three of them. Dick was the first one to break the silence.

"Listen here you two, now that Bruce is gone I expect you to-"

"That little shit is going to pay, Dick." Tim growled, diving at Damian with his fist pulled back ready to strike.

"-not fight! C'mon guys, not in front of guests!" Dick all but whined, slightly stomping his foot as Tim's fist connected with Damian's cheek.

"Ha! That the best you got, Drake?" Damian chuckled, flipping backwards to land on the coffee table. Tim went to kick out his legs but Damian was too quick, jumping up to spin and land his own kick on Tim's jaw. "I was raised in the League of Shadows, imbecile. You cannot best me."

"Have before, will again." Tim spat, ignoring the shocked looks on his teammates faces. "If you don't like getting your ass handed to you, don't mess with my coffee."

"Tim, relax, I'm sure it was all a misunderstan-" Dick tried to intervene again, only to be ignored as Tim wiped the blood from his nose and tackled Damian off the table and onto the couch, knocking it backwards. With an exasperated sigh, Dick turned to the team. "Can you break this up? They won't listen to me."

"What do you want us to do?" Artemis asked, wincing as she watched the brothers pound on each other.

"I don't know! Something!" Dick threw his hands up in the air. "Before they kill each other, or try to."

"It won't come to that, they'll get tired before-" Conner started but cut himself off when he saw Damian pull a knife out of his pocket. "Oh shit, it came to that. M'gann! Knife!"

"On it!" Using her telekinesis,  M'gann pulled the knife from Damian's grip and into her own hand. Once that was done, she separated the two boys from each other and levitated them in the air, glaring at them. "What is the matter with you?!"

"Father said I could not maim anyone, he did not say anything about a light stabbing of Drake." Damian huffed, glaring at his brother.

"Stabbing your brother is pretty much on the same level as maiming!" Wally chimed in, looking at the two brothers incredulously.

"You've gotta to be very specific with this one, Kid Flash. He is very stupid." Tim snickered, sticking his tongue out at Damian.

"And you! Why are you punching a ten year old?" Kaldur added, putting his hands on his hips.

"Hey, this little shit messed with my coffee and tried to stab me. He deserved it."

Dick groaned. "Don't make me call Alfred.  Do you know how pissed he would be if I called him this soon?" Both the younger boys started to plead and beg Dick to be quiet, claiming they would be good. "Thought so. Now, how about lunch? I'm starved."

As Dick exited the living room with his two little brothers, the team exchanged a glance, all thinking the same thing.

Maybe this wouldn't be so easy.